Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i bought my car in from the states myself off flea bay about 7/8 years ago as a standard camaro with a hi comp 454 in it and a th 350 i then had a cage put in then back halfed by john sleath in about 2004 with a 9inch ford rear strange half shafts strange 3rd member, I also had a TH 400 transbrake box fitted, and a NOS kit.willwood brake disc and 4 pots at the front but after that i had a the 454 stoked to 496 i think then i bought a new weiand 871 blower fitted and fast fuel injrction to try and get my times down all a little at a time then i went 502 ,then again i went for a dart m power 540 short motor best so far 9.94 @140 in about 2010 i bare metaled the car with the help of bender and mark we also completly rewired the car bought a pair of new steel wing and a rear panel and valance then me and bender made a new dash for the car and put a painless swich box and wireing kit my achilles heel has been my alternator as its a full bodied car up front weighs in @ 3880 so early next year geoff the welder is going to motor plate the front for me and mount the alternator off that and put in two extra tubes from the roll cage to the front chassis rail to try and stop the car twisting and breaking the front windscreen ( done two screens already ) i have competed with the nscc lads , my debute was with nigel parkin at york in my previous car a 1969 plymouth road runner that i sold to ian z ( all great guys and have made some amazing friends andy hadfield ,craig dixon ,chris constable ,shawn gasket,moose,roger parkin ,john peace, dave smith ,ian kerr,jamie mark todd ) to many to mention i have ran with the american superstock guys , the supercharged out laws having a 2nd and 3rd place this year another set of great guys not to forget the guys at shaky and york great marshalls and some have become very good friends i have raced at the pod ,york ,avon park , chimay belguim ,and mallory park ,hope too do many many more cheers for reading guys iam shit at this i woild of put some pics but i wont let me :shake::shake::shake::shake:

the boys on tour happy days

·
richard rawlplug
8,111 Posts
top chap and a nice car too...

·
Registered
769 Posts
Nice write up Simon, didn't know that much about your Camaro so enjoyed that. :tup:
x2 on the right up, always nice to meet up. didn,t know u had a roadrunner, really love mopar,s, got a soft spot for a 66 belvidere 2 door. u have done a lot to the car that most folk didn,t realise. all the best m8 from me & carol, see u soon j :tup:

·
Semi Proffessional Prat
3,489 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Good effort Simon, we need a few more write ups like this to while away the winter months!
Yep great car and top bloke :tup: Think we all need to do similar write ups over the winter months

Here's a few photos of Simon's car I took on Sunday, final round of NSCC 2013

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
I love the early second-gen Shark-nose Camaros... I think this has to be my favourite car in NSCC at the moment.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
come on guys anymore write ups of your cars or what you are doing too them
Yep great car and top bloke :tup: Think we all need to do similar write ups over the winter months

Here's a few photos of Simon's car I took on Sunday, final round of NSCC 2013

1 - 13 of 13 Posts