Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
matt black is for chalk
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got to thinking about being single again, quite scary i think. dont get me wrong, i like my own company,but its kinda nice to have someone in your life. so looking at the options to find a mate,these are my findings. - 1- DATING WEBSITES, probably full of scammers,you know, foreign types who want a free citizenship, married folk,nuff said on that one., loonatics,the worlds full of em. probably are some genuine folk there but it seems like clutching at straws to me. -2- PUBS/CLUBS/BARS, i guess its the traditional place to meet someone, a few problems there, alcohol is involved, beer goggles should not be worn whilst seeking out a partner. also, i live in a rural area,so evryone in the pub i already know and wouldnt go there,even wearing said beer goggles! plus,going out specifically to pull is ok when your a teen,but at 39 its not the done thing, (not for girls anyway). -3- FATE/CHANCE MEETING, probly a good way to find your true love,fine if your visiting many different places,but as one who spends her time either at work or at home,i reckon itll be a friggin miracle if mr right walks into work,or knocks on my door tryin to sell double glazing.....So, here we all are, by the very fact we are part of this community,we all have a common interest, the building blocks for a good relationship.whilst i would encourage individuality in a partnership, it surely helps to have some common ground between the two parties.Not sure how many singles there are on here(,boys and girls), but there must be a few of a certain age that have had similar thoughts. So if your up for it,lets try to hook up a few of the splendid folk on rods n sods, or even the single friends of the splendid folk on rods n sods. GENUINE people only, dont want this to turn into a sex meet thread, its nice to be nice!:hug: Well i ll kick it off, emma,39,5ft7,slim/athletic, hazel eyes, hair colour varies but im naturally mousy. tattos,piercings ,good sense of humour,spontanious,fun loving,caring and loyal. i smoke, i drink,time served mechanical engineer, artistic, musical, animal lover,2 teenage kids but they dont live with me. company director,into cars obviously, musical taste varies from 40s big band to iron maiden and all inbetween. looking for friendship 1st then see what path it takes. heres me---------- Forehead Nose Cheek Lip Chin good luck guys n girls.:tup: by the way, if the management feel this isnt appropriate, thats fine, no hard feelings if it gets pulled, not sure of the rules on this kinda thing.

·
Premium Member
1,079 Posts
Cool idea, I met my missus on a dating site when we finally met up after a few weeks of messages and phone calls it turned out we lived about 700 yards away from each other :pmsl: could of saved loads of hours spent at the computer if I,d known.
Anyway back to the point dating sites yep loads of weirdo's on there but some really nice decent folks too, but I think a singles thread on here for all you single people could be a winning formula hell if your on here you must have loads in common already.
And finally good luck with meeting someone who deserves you Emma they are out there you just have to sort the wheat from the chaff.
Charlie

·
Registered
340 Posts
you can put me down for the singles thread,tried the dating sites,full of fat cunts living in council houses,just wanna chat and thats about it

·
Super Moderator
7,399 Posts
Good looking thirty something shouldn't have too much trouble....... especially on here......
Try being a plump late fifties bloke with a five [going on 15] year old daughter in tow...... now there is a challenge.
I know there is someone for everyone, it's just the meeting that's the problem.

·
Worn Out Fanny Magnet.
673 Posts
Emma, you look great if you don`t mind me saying, and from what you have written about yourself, you have got to be just about every guy`s Dream Partner here on R "n" S, myself included. Unfortunately, I am, (very happily), spoken for, and in any case, probably too old anyway at 50, but I really do wish you the very best of luck in finding that Special Someone, and I`m quite sure that there will be Plenty of "Eligible" Candidates for you to choose from. Just remember that You are in the "Driving Seat", and you can afford to take your time and be fussy. Also, for what its worth, I personally think that your Singles/Dating Thread for R "n" S Members is an excellent idea !!. :tup:

·
matt black is for chalk
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Emma, you look great if you don`t mind me saying, and from what you have written about yourself, you have got to be just about every guy`s Dream Partner here on R "n" S, myself included. Unfortunately, I am, (very happily), spoken for, and in any case, probably too old anyway at 50, but I really do wish you the very best of luck in finding that Special Someone, and I`m quite sure that there will be Plenty of "Eligible" Candidates for you to choose from. Just remember that You are in the "Driving Seat", and you can afford to take your time and be fussy. Also, for what its worth, I personally think that your Singles/Dating Thread for R "n" S Members is an excellent idea !!. :tup:
thanks fella, didnt know how well it would go down, seems to be getting plenty of thumbs up though. didnt want to appear desperate cuz im not, just figured im propably not the only one with a full garage and empty heart.;)

·
Registered
895 Posts
facebook worked for me hooked up with a girl i fancied at school last may now im the happiest bloke around good luck to you Emma hope you have a good xmas & happy new year to you Guy

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Well, i think it could work, and at least almost everyone on here is known by at least half a dozen other members, therefore, it should be quite easy to find out whether or not they're really single.

Best of luck finding someone to share your life with, and although it may be a bit soon to celebrate, go out and try to enjoy yourself this christmas !:tup:

·
Heavy Oiler
2,504 Posts
I think it's very brave of you to 'fess up like that. I met mrs Col at a nightclub over 30 years ago, and we're still happily married (so she told me) So it does happen.
Met her on the rebound too, so all the wrong ingredients for a meet, but we hit it off.
Mr Right will come (doesn't hurt to help it along a bit) Good luck :tup:

·
Pass the lump hammer
550 Posts
I met the current Mrs Blown 100e in a nightclub when I was 40. The secret is to take a trustworthy mate with you and then the following day ask them if you were with a minger, just to make sure it wasn't the dreaded beer goggles.

·
Official Drag Addict....
7,446 Posts
Good luck miss, i think youll find the blokes on here think more of their cars n bikes than anything else...:incheek:

unfortunatly im spoken for so anything less than me is second best.. :shake:

im the one on the left,,,,

seriously, i hope you find your life partner, but for now try and have a Abby Tittmus.(sorry cant say it) and a fun and healthy new year.... X.

Sid.

PS. why is this in the Adult section?.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts