Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone been watching this on the news ? I see already the Greens have jumped in expressing concerns about all these dirty cars . Then on the local radio today Portsmouth have just opened a new park and ride which the council will 'push' people towards as our pollution levels are increasing within Portsmouth.

Anyone else as pessimistic as me about more Low Emission Zones coming to a large town near you soon?

·
Administrator
9,778 Posts
I love the way the BBC reporters stress the capitals and murmer the bracketed text ;
"dust from the sahara WITH EXHAUST EMMISSIONS FRON THE UK CARS (and the rest of europe) have caused DANGEROUS leves of smog"

Nothing like unbiased reporting eh?

They then go on to say it's mostly deisels causing the problems - so maybe we should only charge deisels for the emission zones? ....yeah right!

·
Gym Junkie
6,213 Posts
A lot of the smog is industrial and has been blown over from main land Europe, as soon as I saw the reports I instantly knew that it would be seized upon and used to push through their agendas, I just love the way they are pushing the LEZ in London yet they want to build another runway at Heathrow:pmsl:

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
It's a well known fact that air stays static above the country and doesn't move about at all. That's how they know the smog is from UK cars and not China, or from India or Africa for that matter where most electrical based waste is currently being sent for "recycling". In this instance recycling means building huge piles of junk and burning the lot to get the metals out. Of course this is actually carbon neutral and non polluting, unlike UK cars which are the work of the devil himself, spewing out their toxic gasses.

·
Heavy Oiler
2,504 Posts
Then on the local radio today Portsmouth have just opened a new park and ride which the council will 'push' people towards as our pollution levels are increasing within Portsmouth.
Boats in Gosport looking very brown!

·
richard rawlplug
8,120 Posts
Fukkin Sahara dust...had to wash my z3 twice in 3 days....my vans gone brown.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Every report about the pollution levels that I saw on television had a picture of a car exhaust in the background!

·
I'm a grown up drunk!
2,645 Posts
Read an article yesterday that apparently the air quality back in 1993 exceeded what was classed as unacceptable levels 1 day in 6,
Nowadays it exceeds those same levels 1 day in 36.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts

"Let's face it, Lads. If we don't get another freak wind soon we'll have to buy some sand."

·
Administrator
9,778 Posts
Every report about the pollution levels that I saw on television had a picture of a car exhaust in the background!
It's called subliminal mission creep - keep pushing the issues in the background and people subliminally accept it as fact and are brainwashed into thinking cars are bad and we should ban them/charge the earth for them.

It's funny, back in history people hated cars as they were the province of the rich elite - they are now cheap & freely available for all but the media is pushing them into a place where only the rich elite will be able to afford them - funny old world eh?

·
Premium Member
1,940 Posts
I can remember in the "Good" old days (well about 1972 ish) after a thick fog/smog, seeing a car that had mounted the corner of the pavement after going across a T junction and hit the lamp post with his wing - Off Side!! because the visibility was so bad.

·
Registered
5,531 Posts
The elite wants us out of the cars and on push bikes and in buses so they have clear roads to race there posh cars.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
green zones in cities, dont get it.

when i need to go to a certain adress in a town nearby. i actualy see into that street, but i have to take a HUGE detour to get there cause it is a street along a small park in town. :beuj:

·
Semi Proffessional Prat
3,489 Posts
And Cameron is quoted "But it's a naturally occurring weather phenomenon. It sounds extraordinary, Saharan dust, but that is what it is.”
So Boris rides his bike, and Cameron tells the truth. Whatever next?
I did hear that the level reached 10, on a scale of 10. Apparently in Beijing it is ten times that. But no doubt all the worlds greenhouse gasses are caused by cars in the UK.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts