Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Exceeded sell by date
7,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks back I took out a phone contract as my daughters use of her pay as you go made the contract more sense. She's underage so contract is in my name. You guessed it, today she lost it. Sheepishly rang me and said that it fell out of her pocket whilst playing in the snow on the college sportsfield. Hours of searching with her mates produced nothing. Being at college it's set on silent...
She hit on the idea of using my phone to try and search for the bluetooth signal for her phone and sure enough it picked it up. By doing this we marked a square within which we had a signal but still no luck finding it. Plan is to go back when the snow thaws but is there anything else we can do to narrow the search. It's on a private college field so should still be there.:mad::mad:

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
I f you do find it and it is wet put it in a bowl of dry rice for a couple of days it sometimes works as it absorbs the moisture:tup:

·
Woodchipper Extraordinair
2,305 Posts
I would say get a new phone, if its been in the snow for that long its most likely knackered

Good luck with the search!

·
Exceeded sell by date
7,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
next time tie some elastic around it and sew the other end up her duffle coat sleeve...
You know that's a bloody good idea. Sometimes she's like a woman of 30...others like a girl of 3.
Thanks for the other suggestions. We are sure that it's got squelched down under the snow so yes it's probably ruined. I can't bring myself to give up yet though!

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,052 Posts
Would it be covered on the 'valuables lost outside of the house ' section of your home insurance.?

How bigs the square? Give her a teaspoon and tell her not to come home until she's dug it all back to grass , take a deckchair and thermos flask to watch her progress...I'd make a horrible parent.:pmsl:

·
Exceeded sell by date
7,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kev the temptation is there.
Earlier this year she left her phone on the bus so I went out and bought a new one. Next day I get a call from a lad that had found it. Sold the new one on here at a loss.
Do you see a pattern emerging.

·
Official Drag Addict....
7,446 Posts
remember a website or something where you can pinpoint a mobile phone?...
this was a while ago.......and not sure of the actual accuracy??..

anyone else heard of it?

my memory isnt what it used to be..............i dont think?...

·
Premium Member
11,239 Posts
Kev the temptation is there.
Earlier this year she left her phone on the bus so I went out and bought a new one. Next day I get a call from a lad that had found it. Sold the new one on here at a loss.
Do you see a pattern emerging.
Hi Plumpcars,

:incheek: Maybe you should have kept the new phone instead of selling it on here, then you could have wrapped it up for christmas for her. :D

Cheers.

Russ.

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,052 Posts
A sudden thought , I know it's on silent but does it not give just a beep or similar if a text is received ?

·
Premium Member
11,239 Posts
remember a website or something where you can pinpoint a mobile phone?...
this was a while ago.......and not sure of the actual accuracy??..

anyone else heard of it?

my memory isnt what it used to be..............i dont think?...
Hi BRIT DIGGER,

I also remember something about the phone tracking as well, don't know if this link will be of any help.

http://techpp.com/2009/06/21/free-cell-phone-tracking/

Cheers.

Russ.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Kids.... Grr.

I have an ongoing lightweight battle with Nicola's kids, everything comes easy, so pulling things through is what they do.

No idea whats going to happen when no1 goes to uni in the new year.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
My boss buried his when we were digging some footings and then tracked over it with the digger,i found it by ringing it (could'nt hear it as it was under ground :lol:) and using a small radio pass it over the area,just listen out for the interferance on the radio.

Might help since you know roughly were it is,Good luck :tup:

·
Premium Member
11,239 Posts
My boss buried his when we were digging some footings and then tracked over it with the digger,i found it by ringing it (could'nt hear it as it was under ground :lol:) and using a small radio pass it over the area,just listen out for the interferance on the radio.

Might help since you know roughly were it is,Good luck :tup:
Hi Neil,

:tup: Bloody brilliant, why didn't i think of that. I often leave my phone in the oddments tray under the radio when i am in the car, you know it is going to ring before it actually does because it interfers with the radio.

Cheers.

Russ.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts