Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I owned this car for a few years but had to let go when i lost my garage, I would love to find it again, sold 2006 to a man in Atherton, nr Wigan, I would imagine its been scrapped now due to its condition but if i could find it again, in ANY cond, id have it back

see pics but here is a ruff idea of mods and history

1965 MK3 Zody, built i was told in Wolverhampton, but spent most of its life in Manchester

box section chassis, body dropped on converted to two doors, rover V8 SD!, no inner wings, truck petrol tank in boot, re-designed fins, appliance superslots, jag back axle (not sure which on). basically was vandelised VERY badly and left to rot when I got it,

Any further info , photos would be welcome

the block of flats was being demolished,, my garage was the last part occupied, i just couldnt find anywhere to keep it.

Photo 1 taken at Blackpool Show, poss Norbreck, photo by Arthur Dicker

Photo 2 and 3 by me when being picked up when I sold it

·
Premium Member
8,067 Posts
I remember seeing those pics of it sitting in the street part dismantled, so did you just leave it in the street?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think its a very small chance it still exists although when i last checked the dvla it was still listed but not taxed, so not registered as scrapped unless they havent took it off the list yet. Normally when scrapped it is no longer listed. but its not 100% perfect.

i would love to find it again but I feel its such a long shot that im too late. If it had not been for the flats being demolished and no other units available I would never have sold it

Just gotta hope someone on here may know something who lives near by, I lost the name and address of the new owner when my hard drive packed up on an other pc.. somewhere in the Leigh/Atherton nr wigan area. I did wonder if the Zodiac maybe used for stock cars due to the huge chassis built for it, like girders so big. hence quite a strong car to race. then again could have been bought just for the wheels, VERY wide Applicance superslots (5 std jag/chevy).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts