Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,348 Posts
Hi, the Corsair doesn't seem to have that much of a following for some reasons so doesn't attain the prices that many early 60's Fords reach. You'll really be selling to quite a small market I think . Best bet is Ebay with a reserve and see what it gets up to if it doesn't reach your reserve. At least you'll gain some idea of interest and value others have placed on it.

If it were a four door v6 Mk 2 Cortina you'd have peopl equeuing :(

I was going to buy a fully restored early 2 door 1500 a few years back and it was up for £2500.

As an aside I really like the wheels :tup: What are they , Citroen van wheels?

·
Who promised you tomorrow
2,579 Posts
Hi James

About a year ago I started looking for one myself, always liked them. I looked at a few cars and seem to remember £3K being the kind of price nice tidy ones went for. I looked at one at £4K and it was show car standard, total minter. I remember reading your advert when you first posted and thought that it was a little bit of wishful thinking but cool car and fair play to. I'd love you to prove me wrong but if it hit Ebay I reckon you'd see about a grand less than you want.

Like I say, prove me wrong. Cool car wish it was mine.

·
Compulsive chicken choker
6,444 Posts
I guess I'm going to seem like a twat now, but I'm just giving my own opinion.

If it were stock and in good condition it would be up for around £3K, but it wouldn't sell quickly because as Kev has said, the Corsair just doesn't seem as popular as the other Fords. If it were stock looking but lowered a bit over Lotus steels then it might sell quicker but not for much more.

Yours looks nice, but it is most definitely "customised" so the potential number of interested people will be less than the number interested in a stock looking one. Again, being honest, the painted chrome work will put some off.

Add the above to the fact that no-one appears to want to spend money on "hobby" cars and you're not going to find a buyer quickly.

If I were you I'd concentrate on advertising it at shows and all-Ford gatherings but I honestly think the price will deter people.

Again, the above is only an opinion from someone on the outside looking in. Good luck with whichever way you go with it.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I love these and love the colour of this one, but as others have pointed out the price is a bit steep and in my opinion it would look better if it had the original chromework and either Lotus Steels or a banded set of the original wheels.

But that's just my opinion....

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
The market for British Kustoms is really small; add to that the fact that these were always a low volume model and their rarity hasn't increased their value. To return this to somewhere near stock, with a 60s colour and chrome, plus interior work and a buyer is going to need to spend a couple of thousand.

Either you'll have to be patient and wait for the right buyer, my Healey took 1 year to sell, or reduce the price quite aggressively. I would guess for a fast sale you'd be looking at around 2 500, maybe 3 000.

As has been said, stick it on ebay with a reserve and see what the market tells you.

Sorry :tdown:

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Guys please don't b sorry this is what I was askin for!! Honest opinions!! The chrome was painted as it was bloody awful and to rechrome them / buy new wuda cost too much plus thought it looked a bit different altho the only corsairs I seen for sale are either bags of shite or concours show cars that old Bob an Mary have had since new an only do 6 miles a year. This is a car used most days an is in between a bag of shite an concours original but had no idea on prices, plus was hopin someone would say I'll offer u X amount forit an the bartering wud begin. The only reason we wanted to sell it was cos she wants a cortina. So unless someone offers us Anythin we'llcarry on enjoyin her! If u see us at the shows give us a wave!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts