Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 248 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just been reading a thread on the HAMB about what people do for a living....diverse to say the least...

so what do you do??
Me...what do I do??

Biometrics Manager for UK Borders Agency.....basically we take fingerprints and facial matches then check details with various data bases......depending on the results it's "have a visa to stay in the UK for a bit longer" or a short trip to the cells and 2 days later they're gone!...
OK it's not quite that simple but each applicant pays between £300 and £1050 even if we hoof them out the country!!!!

·
It's me!
361 Posts
I instal security equipment, c.c.t.v, door access, intruder and fire alarms, :yeahthat:

·
Banjo snapper.
3,507 Posts
Been a self employed van courier for the last 16 years, it has its moments.

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
I dress up in womens clothes, with full make up on and frequent the West End of London, selling my a*se to other men!

Not really, I play for Tottenham Hotspurs, I was just too embarrassed to say! :pmsl::pmsl::pmsl::pmsl:

Okay, okay... the truth is along with my brother, we have run Dream Cars for the last 25 years selling US Classics and supplying the UK movie industry with cars of any description! :tup:

·
Super Moderator
7,390 Posts
Truck driver for CEMEX UK. one of them white bulk tankers you see up and down the M1 to Rugby............

·
Registered
48 Posts
I restore early Porsche's mainly 356's and have done so since I left school,though did spend a year building a merlin engined special:shocked:

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Up until two months ago I was a fully qualified chauffeur and had been for 21 years and 2,000,000 miles of self-employment.

The last 6 months were hell with the recession as 70% of my work was corporate but I got a phone call out of the blue two months ago from a friend of mine who owns a big VW workshop in Warwick. Business had grown so fast that he couldn't keep up with it and the staff so would I work for him as workshop manager?

Oh yes!
Five days a week and regular hours for the first time ever!:D

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,055 Posts
Before I retired early due to ill health I was with Serck Marston as Sales rep and then Service manager for 15 years.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Truck driver for CEMEX UK. one of them white bulk tankers you see up and down the M1 to Rugby............
No kidding,I worked for them out of San Diego for a spell,I quit 'cause we were working sometimes 12-15 hours a day,pumping concrete in 100+ degree temps.Fucking horrible job.

·
Registered
341 Posts
self employed truck mechanic with out much work.:sniff: anybody with any truck operating contacts that are looking for there trucks for repair or service .give me shout guys.we are based in the wolverhampton area midlands we have workshop and mobile van that can work on site.any make or model.
cheers

·
Huge Member!
525 Posts
I dress up in womens clothes, with full make up on and frequent the West End of London, selling my a*se to other men!

Not really, I play for Tottenham Hotspurs, I was just too embarrassed to say! :pmsl::pmsl::pmsl::pmsl:

Okay, okay... the truth is along with my brother, we have run Dream Cars for the last 25 years selling US Classics and supplying the UK movie industry with cars of any description! :tup:
Stew i think the first one sounds far more interesting than messing around with them old yanks all day.....:D Anyway work for SouthEastern Trains on the heavy work side of things ie wheel changes motor an gearbox changes lots of stripin down an re building and crane work lifting coaches up to 40 tons! also patching them up with bandaids and bitsof string because they are too tight to buy the spares needed! Or they buy cheap shit wot dont work properly!! I kid you not......and the fares keep goin up!!! captive audiance me thinks!!:tdown:

·
Registered
460 Posts
I'm a unit operator at a coal fired power station at Tilbury Essex, so it means shift work 24/7 365 days, I always seem to be on shift, when there's some event on. I'm not paranoid, but I'm sure someone's got a copy of my work rota LOL

1 - 20 of 248 Posts