Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya all.

Just letting you know that the site may go 'offline' at points between Saturday 15th and Tuesday 18th.

I need to implement some patches to the server software and also to update the software we use on the site so that I can improve on the site functionality in the future.

The server patching is likely to be done late Sunday evening and the software upgrade should be done at some point on Monday.
These should be the only periods of site outage but as usual that's famous last words isn't it :pcnoob:

As ever, i'll do my best to get the site back up and running as soon as possible. Following the upgrade, please don't go running around screaming "This doesn't work!!" ... "That's buggered !" etc. simply write down the problem you're having on a postcard and then stick it in a drawer somewhere :tup:

P.S. Sunday from 9-5 ish the site will definitely be up cos i'm off out to watch the BTCC :D
P.P.S. If anyone wants to build my car for me whilst i'm slogging my guts out hitting the keys then feel free :tup:

·
Registered
28 Posts
My dad (madmoggy) is having problems on the site. Mcafee keeps flashing up a security problem with the site and it keeps freezing it. Wondering weather this is to do with the upgrades in the software. everything was fine before sunday.

Thanks
Jack

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nope. Wouldn't be anything to do with this. I've not actually made any changes to the live site yet, still working on the dev server.
See if you can get all the details off the McAfee warning.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts