Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi all,
its time to sell my dirtbox:D
no seriously i'am selling my amazon,mot till april tax till march.
matt black:eek: loud & very ratty :D.
will need work for next mot,welding etc.

the second one is spare's or repair (well worth saving) doe's need alot of welding but is very nicely chopped.

looking for £500 ono for the pair :shock:

yep buy one get one free + all the spares i have for them inc 2 steel front wings in vgc (there were some on ebay at £250 the pair!:tup:
ta rik :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Aggghh :sniff:

why couldn't you wait till me chop was done & sold!!
I would have snapped your arm off as this is just what I want (even down to the iron cross mirror!)

I read the builds/history on yours (& 2nd car) over on retro rides last year,
missed out when they came up for sale last time too :sniff:

Dont wanna swap for a 1 off gixxer hardtail project do ya? :roll:

good luck with the sale mate
(actually hope it dont sell just yet! :shocked:)

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aggghh :sniff:

why couldn't you wait till me chop was done & sold!!
I would have snapped your arm off as this is just what I want (even down to the iron cross mirror!)

I read the builds/history on yours (& 2nd car) over on retro rides last year,
missed out when they came up for sale last time too :sniff:

Dont wanna swap for a 1 off gixxer hardtail project do ya? :roll:

good luck with the sale mate
(actually hope it dont sell just yet! :shocked:)
hi weird beard,
send me some pics of the chop mate,as i'am currently bikeless as i just sold my harley & my gpzturbo,so yes i could be interested :tup:
cheers rik.:D

·
Registered
357 Posts
Rik..You cant get rid of it..Only known you a short spell and you look an item with that car :drunk:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rik..You cant get rid of it..Only known you a short spell and you look an item with that car :drunk:
cheers grahame, run out of space mate,i've got 5 cars now:shake:
so need to have a cull, if you have a look in the showroom you'l see my new one :D,then you'l see why i'm having a sell out :tup:
dont forget sunday down the pub:!:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hi Rik , Could you specify what exactly needs doing for the mot like welding ect, is it a little or a lot, has there been much welding done on it already, whats the motor...a B18 or a b20? whats condition of the motor, any serious faults ect,have you any more pictures Please. Thanks

·
Registered
126 Posts
Just out of curiosity.....what are the overriders you have used on the grill.? are they Moggy Minor items??? They look exacly like Moggy ones!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just out of curiosity.....what are the overriders you have used on the grill.? are they Moggy Minor items??? They look exacly like Moggy ones!
hi gpo746,
yes they are moggy ones,its fitted with a b20 engine,never let me down.
i'm not an mot tester mate but it will need some repairs to inner & outer cills both sides,exhaust is blowing at the manifold somewhere,brakes need looking at,as do the indicators but apart from that i couldnt tell you.
its 41yrs old so yes its had welding +the fact thats its chopped,so its had lots of welding. there is no carpet/doorcards front or rear (but i do have some in the spares that are included).
there are no serious faults as i'm still using it as my daily & have been since i got it, i dont really want to sell them but as i now have the pontiac the wife is starting to kick off a bit:D

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello mate just wondered whether the amazons were still available? the car with mot that you use daily, what sort of things would need doing for next mot (areas in need of welding etc) many thanks ed

·
Registered
357 Posts
I saw Rik on Sunday and they were still up for sale and deserve a bump :tup:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hello mate just wondered whether the amazons were still available? the car with mot that you use daily, what sort of things would need doing for next mot (areas in need of welding etc) many thanks ed
ok,i'm not an mot tester & i hav'nt had her in the air to look underneath.
but she definately need welding to inner & outer cill (offside) & outer cill (nearside).
the brakes need a look over,prob just needs rear shoes adjusting.
indicators stopped working during the snow & ice (cant be anything major)
the exhaust is blowing at the manifold somewhere.

ok ta rik:tup:

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
And don't forget .... this car carries famous previous owners :eek:

You too could have a car once owned by the very creator of Rods 'n' Sods :incheek: :D :D :lol:

·
Registered
645 Posts

You too could have a car once owned by the very creator of Rods 'n' Sods :incheek: :D :D :lol:
thats a reson not to buy it lol:tup:
this was a cool ride wish i had bought it off you when you was selling it:sniff:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

hey si,
you could always buy it back mate!!!
i'l give you a very good price:tup:

·
fixin your car
935 Posts

how weard i owned the other one

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I think i might have owned it too (had a matt black chopped amazon, can't remember the reg though) , are the side windows perspex ?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I think i might have owned it too (had a matt black chopped amazon, can't remember the reg though) , are the side windows perspex ?
cor blimey not another ex-owner :shock:
yes there perspex & yep it was around near you for a while, i got it last year from hereford,was to be my rolling project car but a change in circumctance has allowed me to get my pontiac,so now its time for another owner hopefully to keep her going.

COME ON POEPLE ALL THE HISTORY WITHOUT THE PRICE TAG!!!!
GOOD STARTER CAR FOR SOMEONE................:smoke:

I DONT BITE GIVE US YOUR OFFERS.....!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Ha ha glad it's still going ! I took the Phunky Phantom's back axle to be powder coated in the boot of that, I sold it to a mate who named it Bin Laden! he made the rear wheel arches and used my bead roller to put the lip around them (Badly ha ha) then he welded them on the wrong sides ! It's had some adventures ! almost tempted to have it back
Almost !

1 - 20 of 44 Posts