Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Im looking for door poppers and solenoids, does anyone in the uk sell them ?
i have a pair of Machine 7 door solenoid kits, come complete with instructions, new and still bagged, £60 the pair plus post...............check out Machine7 site

Dont seem to be listed on there site, but speak to Michael (very helpfull)

Rod

·
Muppet
176 Posts
I used a starter solenoid on my old Manta. Took off the exterior handle and bolted the solenoid into the bottom of the door then just connected it to the existing lock mechanism via a piece of old handbrake cable. Rather than a hidden switch I used a special female connector that required the corresponding male bit to make the connection and hence pop the door. Mounted that inside the fuel filler flap and it worked a treat and was very cheap! :D

just make sure that you have an 'alternative' method of opening the door just in case the battery does dead on you!!! guess how I found that one out!!!:sniff:

·
Premium Member
3,624 Posts
If you dont get any joy from your search PM me I have a brand new set for a two door still in the box.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I use a solenoid on my pop doors, got it from pop browns. Use a hidden magnet reader with a switch in the boot to turn the magnet reader off. Never had any worries with it, but have hooked up a release cable just in case. Got the receipt somewhere if you want any more info or his number.

Good luck
Tom

Jack Chit Rodaz

·
Registered
140 Posts
hi there look on ebay for central locking kit it comes with 4 solinoids tand all the wireing. i have one on my rod and know a bloke who has them fitted to his transit van and humber septer (out of time) with no problems. they cost £18 and although they are plastic solinoids work well

·
Registered
86 Posts
Thanks we have a new stock arriving Tuesday but they tend to sell rather quickly :tup:
Havent forgot about that item you need either Chris ;)

·
ClassicUSAutoparts
920 Posts
Hi, We have new stock in, but if you want one, buy now , because they go quick, and some are already sold, This is the kit, 40 Lbs Solenoid Shaved Door Kit Complete all Hardware, including

1# emergency switch, 4# 1/4"x20x1 mounting bolts nuts washers, 2# nylon cables, 2# poppers, 1# receiver, 2# transmitters, 2# 40 lb solenoids, 30amp relay with 5 wire harness, 2# 5.16" yellow ring terminals, 2# no10 blue rings, 6# 4mmx16 self drill screws, 2# 3,5mm x11 bolts, 2# yellow butt connectors, 4# cable crimps, 2# wire harnesses 40 Lbs Solenoid 2# Shaved Door Kit , WS8742 | eBay UK thanks for the plug Chris, Thanks Dick

1 - 13 of 13 Posts