Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
WOW some people are bloody good, but all those hours could be spent building the real thing or having a life. still each to there own.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Damn good....way out of my league.
But I don't understand the 'having a life' bit ?

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Damn good....way out of my league.
But I don't understand the 'having a life' bit ?
dont get me wrong the guys a genius, but to spend 100 odd hours cutting bits of metal for a model wheel don't make sense to me even if it does look the nuts at the end of it, i build models when i get the time in the winter mainly when its too dam cold to get on with real life stuff. yes i like to see it but it must be me all those hours doing a model when you could be building the real thing and using that talent there, he could build a out of this world car which could then be used not sitting on a shelf. but thats just me and my opinion thats all shoot me down if i am out of line.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Just commenting too...
'Get a life' is often a comment thrown at model builders, and not justified in most cases.
....at 65 years old, the guy has had a life !...and an Automotive engineer working for GM at that.

We all do it for fun - it's how most of us got into building real cars, and some return to later in life.
...like me !

·
Registered
134 Posts
Amazing work . The man has skill and patience beyond what I do. Many may think it is a waste of time but hobbies are different for each of us, some like golf and I don't get that at all but to each his own I say.

·
Registered
459 Posts
A brilliant modeller, he's simply doing what he wants so fair play to the guy. Do se Hot rod Ricks point as well though, was a time when I was younger I spent all my time modelling to the detriment of anything else I was supposed to be doing. Now I treat it as a winter hobby for the most part & even then I don't lose any sleep over it if im just not in the mood. every one just has to strike the right balance for them selves.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Amazing talent, plus he's done his time restoring and working on fullsize cars too.

I really can't knock him, he's had a life and he's obviously enjoying what he does with his time now, sounds like he takes a lot of holidays and days off so it's not like he is sat in a darken room alone and sad. Each to their own.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts