Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
Picture 2 has Bob Holland 2 behind Redmad's (well Whitemad really) Nomad. Didn't it look good in White LOL.

Thanks for posting the great pics.

Rog.

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
ah! memories!! desperado t was for sale locally 4/5 years ago..had been in car stereo showroom for years on display , is it still out there?....also the sweet sensation beetle was always around town in the 80,s ..beleive it went bournemouth way??..also remember seing celestial there too!

·
Care in the Community
2,756 Posts
That's the Kerb Krawler PA Cresta in the last pic, and Rob Cross' Sharknose Camaro alongside the 100+ Jag. I don't know whose '55 in the lower left.

·
[url=http://www.nobrain.d
14,365 Posts
Picture 2 has Bob Holland 2 behind Redmad's (well Whitemad really) Nomad. Didn't it look good in White LOL.

Thanks for posting the great pics.

Rog.
Great photos Blocckhead ....your right Rog that is Bob with his wife ..but what shirt is he wearing...

Bob...1...:lol:

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
the XJS "pickup" and the beetle with the porthole rear window may look a bit odd now but thats what state of the art customizing was all about then.
wonder if anything similar survives today?.

·
Nostalgia freak
4,994 Posts
the beetle with the porthole rear window may look a bit odd now but thats what state of the art customizing was all about then.
wonder if anything similar survives today?.
I remember a few cars about with them porthole windows some with the back window done aswell as the sides.Wonder where that crazy started:?:

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Great photos Blocckhead ....your right Rog that is Bob with his wife ..but what shirt is he wearing...

Bob...1...:lol:
Is it a Gay'd Valley shirt ? :incheek: , I always liked Ken's Nomad in white with the tube grille .

·
Premium Member
2,087 Posts
I remember a few cars about with them porthole windows some with the back window done aswell as the sides.Wonder where that craze started:?:
Started in vans didnt it? (sorry if thats pointing out the bleedin obvious).

I have a photo here that i also took of that engine in the first pic! (not scanned it yet), i thought i must have been a bit weird taking a pic of just an engine :D maybe not so weird then.

·
Registered
49 Posts
It came from a Company in Maryland US. E and G classics, they used to make the parts for "Pimp Mobiles " Rolls Royce grills on Caddies, Rear spare mounts and many other " Pimp " only stuff, including a car used by " Shaft " whos Bad ! The pimps around Baltimore did not want to take there Hats off so they started using Van portholes in the Roof. In england Sandy Ventrigular from Bedford was on off the first to use them in a car, he purchased someI bought in from the USA in 1975, after seeing how good his work was I offerd him a job, worked for me untill 1981 from first employee at Star Vans to shop manager in 6 years.

Steve S.

·
Premium Member
8,067 Posts
That's the Kerb Krawler PA Cresta in the last pic, and Rob Cross' Sharknose Camaro alongside the 100+ Jag. I don't know whose '55 in the lower left.
THAT 55 IS ACTUALLY A 56, IT WAS ORANGE & WHITE & I THINK YOU WILL FIND WAS OWNED BY CHARLIE PINION...:smoke:​

·
Premium Member
8,067 Posts
can not remember charlie having a 56 mopar not robbie stirling
its out of the 1980 programme, only 56 there?????, unless it was robbies & it was perhaps a late entry not in the programme??

1 - 20 of 20 Posts