Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Compulsive chicken choker
6,363 Posts
The spot blaster is okay but the air shears jaws are a cheap casting that broke the first time I tried to cut a sheet of 20 gauge steel.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Does anyone know anything about the nailer? I've got 39 metres of close board fence + at least the same of post & rail fencing to put up but I don't know if this will be up to the job and how I buy additional nails.

Any advice greatly appreciated as I'm away and would have to send Dee to buy it so she won't know at all what she's looking at

Thanks

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
I type too slow Mark, only 1 minute between posts :shake:

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Where do you buy extra nails from and what length nails does it take?

Thanks

·
Gym Junkie
6,213 Posts
Does anyone know anything about the nailer? I've got 39 metres of close board fence + at least the same of post & rail fencing to put up but I don't know if this will be up to the job and how I buy additional nails.

Any advice greatly appreciated as I'm away and would have to send Dee to buy it so she won't know at all what she's looking at

Thanks
Pretty sure you will get more nails at Screwfix

·
Registered
381 Posts

Thanks
It is a brad nailer, OK for architrave & such but no good for fixing what you want to do. I had a similar one from Northern tools, it was OK until something went wrong then found out no spares available. Replaced with a known brand with spares available. Are you back here now, if so I might be able to sort you out a proper air nail gun & some 45/50mm nails for the boarding & 75/80/88mm nails for the post & rail. We are clearing out some of our older nail guns at work, the gun would be very cheap I'd have to ask about the cost price of the nails. I'm in Peterborough.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
It is a brad nailer, OK for architrave & such but no good for fixing what you want to do. I had a similar one from Northern tools, it was OK until something went wrong then found out no spares available. Replaced with a known brand with spares available. Are you back here now, if so I might be able to sort you out a proper air nail gun & some 45/50mm nails for the boarding & 75/80/88mm nails for the post & rail. We are clearing out some of our older nail guns at work, the gun would be very cheap I'd have to ask about the cost price of the nails. I'm in Peterborough.
Should be starting work on the barns in late spring, early summer so this would be great if you could. I'm a nail gun novice so would appreciate any advice and would definitely be interested to buy, pm me if you prefer. I'm down near Leighton Buzzard so it's not far to come and collect if we can sort this out.

Thanks

·
Fruit & Nut Case
2,100 Posts
I bought almost the whole set of these air tools from Aldi about 4 years ago. Didnt expect too much but they were only for my home garage and have been fantastic & value for money. Each item was only £9.99. Only problem is there is no way that compressor will run the cut off tool at all , and the air wrench (not in this offer) for doing up a set of 4 wheel nuts in one go, not enough puff. Only used the nailer to try it out when i first got it on a piece of scrap.

·
American Truck importer
11,742 Posts
I have one of the impact wrench sets here on loan from a mate when my branded one fucked up, and I'll be getting him to get me one from Aldi now as well (we don't have an Aldi in our town, an my mate's wife is on goods inward at Aldi!). £20 well spent:tup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts