Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been busy on the V8 Moggy I got recently. Got the water temp gauge working, the handbrake working (it's hydraulic), the oil pressure relief valve working (that was somewhat hair-raising and took a week).

Replaced the plastic numberplate light with a chome version.

Today I got around to ditching the nasty rear LED lights and fitting some originals. They're a bit pitted but they actually look sparkly!

What it came with:

Originals put back:

Next up: The Orrible front side/indicators...

And the ammeter, cooling system, speedo, fuel gauge, horn, column mounted indicator stalk instead of a knob on the dash you can't reach... to name a few!

·
My name is Martin
2,618 Posts
Looks so much better and identifiable as a moggy putting those original rear lights on

·
Premium Member
14,514 Posts
did the moggy lights cover the hole cut for the led's? or did you have to do some paintwork?
neil.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
did the moggy lights cover the hole cut for the led's? or did you have to do some paintwork?
neil.
I was lucky that all but one of the 6 screw holes were covered. The 6th was just on the edge of the seal, so will need filling and a tiny spot of touchup paint.

·
Premium Member
2,261 Posts
I saw this for sale recently and thought it was superb. Good to see you taking it to an even higher level.

Reactions: RichieRich

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I saw this for sale recently and thought it was superb. Good to see you taking it to an even higher level.
It sure looks the bollox! The bodywork, paint and interior are all top notch.

Just a lot of small niggly things need sorting, as with any 'built not bought' car I guess. Engine bay defo needs a good sort out and tidy up. On the plus side, the last owner didn't appear to do any tinkering (bodging), he paid for work to be done on it, but when he decided enough was enough (££££'s), he left a few bits and bobs that needing sorting.

Main thing is that chassis and bodywork were all done really well, so it's a great base to build on.

Lots of stuff for me to do, without risk of getting too bogged down in it and then giving up!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts