Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just read this..... Requirement to annually declare SORN scrapped

The Department for Transport (DfT) issued a press release today stating that, amongst a number of measures to cur 'Red-Tape' for motorists the requirement to annually make a Satutory Off Road Notification (SORN) declaration for vehicles that are off the road and not in use is to be scrapped.

Once a SORN declaration is made on a vehicle it will now remain in effect until the vehicle is returned to use.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Just read this..... Requirement to annually declare SORN scrapped

The Department for Transport (DfT) issued a press release today stating that, amongst a number of measures to cur 'Red-Tape' for motorists the requirement to annually make a Satutory Off Road Notification (SORN) declaration for vehicles that are off the road and not in use is to be scrapped.

Once a SORN declaration is made on a vehicle it will now remain in effect until the vehicle is returned to use.
Its about time we had a change in this area, surely if a vehicle is initially SORN, then it is SORN until it is put back on the road! :beuj:

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I SORN around 5 or 6 cars every year..Not all expire at the same time and sometimes they dont send a reminder.Its a pain to keep up or I run the risk of a fine..I'll be glad for this change. Makes sense..sorn it untill its next taxed or had a change of keeper..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts