Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what thread a nut for a l86c spark plug is? I mean the main threading which would normally screw into the block. I know it is M14, but it isn't a standard thread size, so does anywhere sell nuts to fit it?

·
Registered
250 Posts
if you are talking about the thread in the head being stripped you can use a helicoil to repair it
there are kits available which consist of a tap to cut a new thread in the head and a wire thread which screws in
ttfn glenn

·
Premium Member
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if you are talking about the thread in the head being stripped you can use a helicoil to repair it
there are kits available which consist of a tap to cut a new thread in the head and a wire thread which screws in
ttfn glenn
No, I've not got a problem with a stripped thread in a block, but I just need a nut to fit the thread.

·
Registered
250 Posts
14 mm spark plugs have a 1.25 mm pitch thread which i dont think is used for anything else, but you may be able to find an odd one somewhere, but i believe your best answer may be to make your own using a sparkplug chasing tap
odd thought here, possibly some of those exhaust flamer kits have weld in bosses which may be of use
ttfn glenn
another option could be using a plug adaptor such as
http://www.etoolcart.com/gunson-sparkplug-adapter.aspx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts