Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
just to let you all know if you are going on the m60 anti clockwise the average speed tracking camera's between junc 24 and 27 where the speed drops to 50mph are now switched on a driver at work has just been done for going through at 57mph ...

steve

·
Nowheresville
3,056 Posts
Are these 'average speed' cameras, or just fixed ones? If they're 'average speed' it must be the first time anyone has been done by one, judging by the speed some stuff goes through them at!

·
Registered
30 Posts
yep! there working, got mine through the post the other day.....

·
Registered
30 Posts
they are not average, there are three separate cameras in all. take it slow through there

·
Registered
79 Posts
They are on and off at different times of the day. First hand knowledge of this.

·
Premium Member
4,452 Posts
Are these 'average speed' cameras, or just fixed ones? If they're 'average speed' it must be the first time anyone has been done by one, judging by the speed some stuff goes through them at!
My Mates just had his letter from the M25 roadworks, 59 in a 50.

·
Registered
136 Posts
just to let you all know if you are going on the m60 anti clockwise the average speed tracking camera's between junc 24 and 27 where the speed drops to 50mph are now switched on a driver at work has just been done for going through at 57mph ...

steve
Steve,
Got a mate who works for plod in Stockport. He's told me the camera's are switched on intermittently, ie .. 3 or 4 times a day. They are as we speak 'experimenting'
with which times to activate these camera's but let's be honest, they'll be activated at times when most traffic is using the carriageway, ie 7:30 - 9:30am & 4:30 -
6:30 pm ( & key lunchtime periods ) - his belief is that this saves taxpayers money, I say bollocks... it raises revenue when the police are particularly strapped for cash. Make of this what you will ( ????!!!! )
Col.

·
Nowheresville
3,056 Posts
My Mates just had his letter from the M25 roadworks, 59 in a 50.
I won't say "Good to hear", but at least I feel like I haven't been wasting my time sticking to the limit through roadworks. Some people must just have no idea of what 'average speed' means, as they come flying by at 70 or 80 in a 50, and then brake just for the cameras! Either that or they don't have a license anyway, and the car/van isn't registered in their names.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts