Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Milner for PM!
2,303 Posts
Hi Peter, I tried this about a year ago but it never really got off the ground. I'll stick my 'spotted' photos here, though. :tup:

From the London to Brighton Historic Commercial Vehicle Run this morning at Crystal Palace Park:

These were all at the start of the London to Brighton Historic Commercial Vehicle Run at Crystal Palace Park. The pick-up, Galaxie and Marina were there last year as well.

'46 Ford

'47 Ford Super Deluxe

'72 Morris Marina 1.8

'64 Ford Galaxie 500

'41 Indian 741

'72 Rolls-Royce Silver Shadow I

·
Registered
1,968 Posts

·
Milner for PM!
2,303 Posts

·
Milner for PM!
2,303 Posts

·
Milner for PM!
2,303 Posts

Just as I photographed this Mini a rather more interesting white 1275 GT shot past in another direction.

Then I saw a lovely dark blue-over-light blue splitscreen VW Type 2 on chromed EMPI five-spokes. I was too slow for a photo.

The owner of this Series III was quite enthusiastic and happy to tell me a bit about his car as he sat at the lights. The bumpers suggest that this is ex-military.

My final spot was this Prefect 100E, taken from the upper deck of a Routemaster.

·
Milner for PM!
2,303 Posts
The M.G. Regency Run from Brooklands to Brighton was held today, so we did that. Nestling among the M.G.s at Brooklands was a Cobra replica and a Herald 13/60.

I wondered if the Cobra actually lives there, seeing as it was living in 'Brooklands accommodation' and had amassed a decent collection of filth particles.

I also saw a rather tired-looking Herald 1200 convertible in Brighton.

This Minor joined our M.G. convoy for quite a long time, then decided to go shopping.

I'm very pleased with this photo of an Austin-Healey 3000 blasting through the Surrey/West Sussex countryside. Top marks for having the roof down.

This splitscreen Vee-Dub was tucked away at the end of Madeira Drive.

Naturally there were many cars which escaped my camera, the most interesting of which were a B.M.W. 328 (yes, really, it pulled up right next to us!) and a Ford Galaxie wagon just like (and probably was) this one:

1963 Ford Galaxie Country Sedan by Zack S. Classic Cars, on Flickr

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.