Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After the sucess of last Septembers Run to Brighton I thouhgt it might be a good idea for a spring run.

There is already some guys and gals from Surrey/South London up fpr this so who wants to join us. It's going to happen on Sunday May 23rd.

(M25 users please see note at bottom).

The first meeting point will be at Costa Coffee (old Little Chef ) on the A23 Brighton Road, just before the junction with the M23 heading south, this will be to leave around midday.

For those that will be coming from the M25 the next meeting point will be at the Pease Pottage services on the M23, leaving there at 1pm.
We can then all cruise to Brighton from there in convoy, once in Brighton you can then do your own thing, but no being silly please,

If when arriving at Brighton you turn left intop Madira Drive we could try to park at the end like last year.

It's only a few weeks away so let me know what you think, this is a cruise to Brighton not a show or a meet.

This is open to all American cars, Rods, Custom and Classics.

I will have a run to Brighton soon and try and find a pub or something similar where we can all park, (that's if the Landlord is will have us).
Or if anyone in the surrounding area can find out that would be great, doesn't have to be in Brighton but somewhere not to far.

Thanks, Derek.

PS, There are a group of people meeting at Clacketts lane services at 12.15 anyone wanting to join be there at that time or before.

·
70's Cresta,not the drink
1,265 Posts
Re: Spring run to Brighton, Sunday May 23rd

Maderia Drive, right on the seafront where they hold the London to Brighton mini run etc etc, loads of cafes etc along there. Plus i'm going to see The Damned along there on that evening at a club called Concorde 2.:tup:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts

as far as i'm aware mate,there is'nt a pub with a carpark in brighton at all!!
i can suggest the pub we have our monthly meets at in shoreham, as its easy to find,has a large carpark & is'nt a rip-off either.
but its 8-10 miles out off brighton along the coast road.
its the royal coach on the shoreham beach roundabout. theres a petrol stn on the other side too,& quick easy access back to the a27 aswell.

·
The Camino Kid
1,169 Posts

Hi Del. I'll try and make this. Have to see how the motors running. Anyways, The point of this note is that i came past said coffee shop on the A23 today and it looked closed with herras fencing around it and a compound set up in the carpark looking like it's either being refurbed or something. I maybe wrong but that's how it looked today. Roger.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)

as far as i'm aware mate,there is'nt a pub with a carpark in brighton at all!!
i can suggest the pub we have our monthly meets at in shoreham, as its easy to find,has a large carpark & is'nt a rip-off either.
but its 8-10 miles out off brighton along the coast road.
its the royal coach on the shoreham beach roundabout. theres a petrol stn on the other side too,& quick easy access back to the a27 aswell.
That's a possibility Tatuu. Would they welcome us lot though. Could you go and make enquiries for me.

Spmeone else has suggested this place as somewhere to end up at, four miles outside of Brighton, what do you think.
http://www.vintageinn.co.uk/thebadgerswatchpeacehaven/

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Badgers+Watch+Peacehaven&g=Badgers+Watch,+South+Coast+Road,+Telscombe+Cliffs,+Peacehaven,+East+Sussex+BN10+7BE&ie=UTF8&hq=Badgers+Watch&hnear=Peacehaven,+UK&ll=50.815263,-0.058365&spn=0.07885,0.182991&t=h&z=13&iwloc=A[/URL]

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Hi Del. I'll try and make this. Have to see how the motors running. Anyways, The point of this note is that i came past said coffee shop on the A23 today and it looked closed with herras fencing around it and a compound set up in the carpark looking like it's either being refurbed or something. I maybe wrong but that's how it looked today. Roger.
I'll have a run down the A23 and have a look, there's always somewhere else to for the Starting point.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts

That's a possibility Tatuu. Would they welcome us lot though. Could you go and make enquiries for me.

Spmeone else has suggested this place as somewhere to end up at, four miles outside of Brighton, what do you think.
http://www.vintageinn.co.uk/thebadgerswatchpeacehaven/

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Badgers+Watch+Peacehaven&g=Badgers+Watch,+South+Coast+Road,+Telscombe+Cliffs,+Peacehaven,+East+Sussex+BN10+7BE&ie=UTF8&hq=Badgers+Watch&hnear=Peacehaven,+UK&ll=50.815263,-0.058365&spn=0.07885,0.182991&t=h&z=13&iwloc=A[/URL]

i can ask the landlord if you want mate,but he is a petrolhead.:tup:
as for the pub in peacehaven i cant say as i've never been there but i dare say kev gasser would know, as he lives a bit further along in seaford.:bigsmile:

·
Brixton Hill Buick Inc.
1,114 Posts

I went past Starbucks this morning and there's a sign saying open for business as usual, but the parking outside is restricted, so we'll just have to park along the road...

·
Registered
676 Posts

Morning ! by coincidence myself and Grahame " Popaholic" visited the Peacehaven pub last week !
Only prob is on a sunday the car park is allways full with the sunday roast brigade !

The Royal Coach pub ,Shoreham , (www.theroyalcoach.co.uk) already hosts our monthly american car / hot rod meet so he`s o.k with us lot !
OR ! just over the road from there is little old Shoreham Airport , with a beautiful Art-Deco clubhouse-resturant-bar , patio seating right next to the planes/copter`s and has direct access to the A27 ?:D

·
Registered
3,057 Posts

OR ! just over the road from there is little old Shoreham Airport , with a beautiful Art-Deco clubhouse-resturant-bar , patio seating right next to the planes/copter`s and has direct access to the A27 ?:D[/QUOTE]

Like that idea too .. does it have a toilet .. well someone has to ask!!:incheek: I am sure you will be able to tell us where the nearest petrol station is too ....:D

·
Registered
676 Posts

"does it have a toilet ".. well ...YeP ! mens and ladies..... big old marble ones ! AND lotsa car parks >>>
The nearest petrol station is on the roundabout where the pub and the airport entrance road is ....
how " convenient " !
When you leave , the airport road goes directly onto the A27 - which has a clear run straight onto the A23 without having to go thru Brighton again !:D

·
Registered
3,057 Posts

"does it have a toilet ".. well ...YeP ! mens and ladies..... big old marble ones ! AND lotsa car parks >>>
The nearest petrol station is on the roundabout where the pub and the airport entrance road is ....
how " convenient " !
When you leave , the airport road goes directly onto the A27 - which has a clear run straight onto the A23 without having to go thru Brighton again !:D
sounds fine then .... well thats my opinion....just in case you asked ....

·
Registered
1,775 Posts

I'll have a run down the A23 and have a look, there's always somewhere else to for the Starting point.
There is a Little Chef beside a petrol station just off the A23, the turn off just before Hickstead, the Burgess hill slip road turn off....lots of parking there :tup:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts

there you go mr440,
told you v8gasser (kev) would be able to give you the answers.
:D:tup:

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Thanks everyone, there looks to be some good place there, I'll look into it and post an update of details soon.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: Spring run to Brighton, Sunday May 23rd...MORE DETAILS ADDED

The first meeting point will be at Costa Coffee (old Little Chef ) on the A23 Brighton Road, just before the junction with the M23 heading south, this will be to leave around midday.

For those that will be coming from the M25 the next meeting point will be at the Pease Pottage services on the M23, leaving there at 1pm.
We can then all cruise to Brighton from there in convoy, straight down the M23 then the A23. once in Brighton you can then do your own thing, but no being silly please,

If when arriving at Brighton you turn left intop Madira Drive we could try to park at the end for a while like last year.

Then it's a drive along the coast road, Head northwest on A259, keep gong for about 10 miles,(Good time to get some pics and video)
At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto A259/Brighton Rd
At the next roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto The Saltings to the Royal Coach pub in Shoreham, near to Shoreham Airport.

The landlord knows we are comming and says the car park is good for two hundred cars. (his words not mine)
The Carvery is open until 4pm so if we leave Brighton around 2-30pm we will be in time to eat, (that's for those that want to).

Wouldn't it be good if we could at least fill half the car park.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts