Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Im not big on shiny cars built from blister packed chineseium .. Bit of a turn off in my world, but one car at a run last weekend in an outback location called DREM on the east coast of Scotland stood out and that was a white gasser styled willys coupe, originally built by "Scotty" from up here ..Its changed hands but was looking like it had campaigned hard since the 60s and just had that so fuck , im hard as nails, hot rod air about it .. I did see a tow strap on the axle and not sure if it got towed the last few miles but even if it did it just added to its fuck you attitude ..

Coolest car ive seen in years , never got a chance to speak to the owner and never got any pics , we didnt stay to long

Anybody here know who owns it now ?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Team Tartan Dragin at 10:18
My best friend Gerry Treit gone but not forgotten RIP Amigo

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks for the info . Did Chris used to have a Camaro during the Edinburgh cruise era ? Think I know the fella .

Also knew Gerry , indeed although not in any way the same car in the end, Gerry collected the basis of his Willys from me , The car was being built by Mark MIller, but it was just a money pit for him , Its a long story but I sold the car to Gerry and brokered a deal on a 35 coupe for Mark off the proceeds .. Gerry completely gutted the willys and I think eventually started from scratch, or as good as . He definitely had his work cut out and turned out a real cracker. His death was a bit of a surprise to me as I never knew he was unwell .. RIP Gerry ..

Trawling for info on Chris's car I found an old add where the white car is in the back ground and there is the bare bones of a 41 project in the foreground , scimitar chassis etc.. add was put up just before the outbreak of covid and the eventual lockdown.. wonder if thats still for sale ? Last thing I need is another project but the way things are going in the world its way past time for having some serious fun and getting your cash spent before your to old to ill or to restricted to do anything ..

Thanks again for the info ..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts