Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Steel 1931 model a roadster/cabriolet good solid body complete with steel wings,running boards, aprons, bonnet grille etc. Unfortunately n/s/r wing missing.
Running gear mostly complete.
Rover 3.5 holley 390 offy inlet.
Manual box.
Prop fitted
mk11 jag live axle,
stainless wishbone front,
steering column fitted ,
pedals and master cylinder fitted.
Radiator and fuel tank there.
New ball joints, track rod ends still in boxes
lots of spares in boot
correct 1931 v5c in my name with 3500.cc engine
rear wheels in picture do not go with the vehicle but i have two wheels to move it on
vehicle is located just off junction 20 of m25
price £4250
will add pictures later today
thanks for looking
may split if enough interest
roy 07973 232174

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Was originally a cabriolet but rear body and doors have been altered to a roadster but still has cabriolet screen. You will see what i mean when i post pictures later

·
Premium Member
5,818 Posts
Don't want to make this sound like chat bumping the thread but unless I'm mistaken, this car was built by Steve Cheetham up near Manchester and if I'm right, any potential buyer would be pleased to know that it was on the road in this form as long ago as 1983, which means its registration should be damn nigh bulletproof. :tup:

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Don't want to make this sound like chat bumping the thread but unless I'm mistaken, this car was built by Steve Cheetham up near Manchester and if I'm right, any potential buyer would be pleased to know that it was on the road in this form as long ago as 1983, which means its registration should be damn nigh bulletproof. :tup:
Yep thats right and was owned by dave windows for years in fact it is also in a old book that was out that i think was called custom Fords used to go to the Rainy city cruisers meets back in the 80's. I had a 55 chev and Dave wanted to swap this and his model A pickup for it but I just had the pickup and some cash in the end. But it has definatly been around a long long time

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yep thats right and was owned by dave windows for years in fact it is also in a old book that was out that i think was called custom Fords used to go to the Rainy city cruisers meets back in the 80's. I had a 55 chev and Dave wanted to swap this and his model A pickup for it but I just had the pickup and some cash in the end. But it has definatly been around a long long time
now there is a blast from the past (custom ford book) just dug my copt out from under the stairs
i think this is the car on page 64.would love to be able to buy but funds dont allow
hope it helps with the sale:D

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Extra pictures

Pictures of rear as requested in PM ( note wheels not included in sale)

Also added a couple of early pictures for inspiration. I was told that it belonged to someone called Steve Henshaw in the early 80's

·
Premium Member
5,818 Posts
Pictures of rear as requested in PM ( note wheels not included in sale)

Also added a couple of early pictures for inspiration. I was told that it belonged to someone called Steve Henshaw in the early 80's

Probably right, I have likely got my Steves mixed up. Steve Henshaw, Steve Cheetham and Chris Hay were all part of the same group back then. All built really good, timeless cars.

Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi I know a lot about this car cos I built it, was originally a 4 door sedan but the only genuine steel body parts useable were from the cowl forward, the doors, Quarter panels and boot lid were hand made, at the time no one was doin Model A bits over here so Jago 32 rear wings were used so if you wanted to use A rear wings would involve reshaping rear wing apatures cos radius is different.

First hit the road in 1979 on its original chassis, boxed. split wishones, dropped I beam and 2.0 pinto engine/trans, ran it like this for two years, then aquired a Paul Haig (rip) chassis which is what it's sitting on now, was on Compomotive split rims which seem to have gone along with loads of other bits? sold the car in 1986 to settle divorce bullshit, breaks my heart to see it in this state cos was used as a dialy driver for a few years and was mega fun and reliable, hope it goes to a good hame cos was a piece of UK roddin history.

--- New Post Merged As Per 5 Day Bump Rule ---

More pix

·
Banned
1,189 Posts
hi there i noticed you didnt sell the body then,are you still going to split this up ?tim

--- New Post Merged As Per 5 Day Bump Rule ---

hey whats happening with the car??tim

1 - 14 of 14 Posts