Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do people either weld or bolt the steel mid plate in a tubed chassis?, i get both answers from people.. getting some more opinions

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
There's always two sides, I welded tabs on the chassis and bolted the mid-plate to them, it made engine/trans removal easy but I suppose it depends on the car I can see either way working.

Rog.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, i think i am going to weld it in so it adds strength, the front ali plate is bolt in anyway so i can take the engine out with a few bolts anyway

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
i only done this once and made my own and welded it in ,and it became part of the bulkhead
same made mine up bolted it inbetween engine and box , put engine and box in the car and made the fire wall join the mid plate , bit of a git lining it all back up when your putting back together but then i lengthened the aligning studs to compensate for the thickness of the mid plate.

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
Either way don't forget to use a flexible trans mount and to space your Torque Converter (if auto) by the thickness of the mid-plate.

Rog.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Mines bolted in on tabs. Remember to space converter out the thickness of the plate.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts