Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Yes Ken you are right, i sold it to Martin Bamford. And im glad to say he restored it and still owns it Bob. Some pictures of it have been posted on Rods n Sods. I paid £250 for it , it was advertised in exchange & mart ,for sale in Norwich. Saw the ad on the thursday morning and by 5pm i was up in Norwich waiting for the owner to get in from work. Soon as he got home i shoved the money in his hand. I can remember when i was there the phone was going crazy. Went back up to pick the chevy up a few days later with me dad and his trade plates. I drove it home but it broke down on the way home so he towed me with his transit pickup and about 6 foot of rope,couldnt see a thing, in fact i went into the back of the transit when the brakes decided to pack up as well.Cant remember what year it was though?. I expect Steve (Foreman) will remember.:tup:

·
Registered
83 Posts
my 57 chevy

Great to see another picture of my 57,thanks.
It was jan 84 and i wanted a 57 sport coupe badly,this one was in the good old Exchange and Mart, i went to look at it and it was in really poor shape,but luckily i was only a kid then and did not know how bad it really was. i had a bit of a job getting the money together and the night before i picked it up i sold my motor bike to bloke in the pub for £50 to cover the diesel for the trip.I had to get a lift to work for a while,but i now owned a 57, and thats all that matters,Martyn.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Steve, i got the chevy back in the mid 70's from a guy from Norwich and i think his name was Pete saunders. i'm afraid i dont remember it coming from Yaxham . But to be honest i cant even remember what i had for breakfast this morning:S I had it for a few years in my lockup garage trying to do bits on it when i had some spare cash. Then i decided to have it restored at a place called" Race car engineering" near Byfleet. BIG MISTAKE. After a month or so and a couple of grand up front, i got a phone call from them saying that they were being slung out of their unit and that i had to pick the chevy up straight away. Turned up the next day with a mate and his low loader and picked up the chevy in a thousand bits.:shocked: Got the chevy home and back in garage, owner of Race car engineering ( i think his name was John ??) disappeared of the face of the earth. So there i am, pissed off ,new mortgage, 1st baby on the way, ( the wife that is, not me). So advertised it and Martyn Bamford came down to buy it, and i'm glad to say he restored it and still owns it today.

·
Exceeded sell by date
7,739 Posts
Thanks Steve. I was a little confused I think!
Sorry to hear your story....seems that kind of thing never stops does it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts