Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
I'm a grown up drunk!
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, Steve "Mellie" Corbett finally married Lynn at Tonbridge/Kent,
the day appeared to go well without problems, all the best to Steve & Lynn,

for those with bad memories, Steve was one of the Croydon lot that put together a bunch of pro-street cars back in 80s-90s,

Steve still has that same blue mk2 Zephyr,
tubbed with centerlines, stock interior, blown SBC with only the BDS scoop through the bonnet, cover car on CC in around 1991?
damned if i can find a pic right now:tdown:

heres a few pics from yesterday...

Alan Lampard drove Steve in the MK1 ,

Gary Gwilliam took Lynn the bride to be in the Caddy
while i had the matching gold ribbon and got to take the bridesmades in the Nova:tup:

the newlyweds,

Steve decides against a wedding ring and went for a tattood version instead,

some glamour on the day:tup:

would you invite this bunch to your wedding?

Alan Lampard tries his best to embarrass Steve with his best man speech,

Barry Dacey & Pat 'the rat' Healy try to work out who stole their beer?

while Gary Gwilliam denies the beer theft,

ex CC editor Tim Baggeley does his shaun of the dead attack impression on me,

it was all downhill from here on!

·
Premium Member
4,207 Posts
Great people ! great pictures, love the wedding ring , reminds me of Barry Dacey's wedding -that was a night to remember ,Bry

·
Super Moderator
7,390 Posts
Haven't seen Steve for years, And you say he's still got 'Thunder pants'........

·
Banjo snapper.
3,507 Posts
You must have more photos of Redburn Gary, I find it very hard to believe he only got his tits & belly out, after all, it was a special occassion!

I would never have recognised Barry Dacey or Tim come to that.

·
I'm a grown up drunk!
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great people ! great pictures, love the wedding ring , reminds me of Barry Dacey's wedding -that was a night to remember ,Bry
Dacey's wedding,now that was an excellent night!

Haven't seen Steve for years, And you say he's still got 'Thunder pants'........
Steve sort of adopted the thunder pants thing,
even had the johnny fart pants artwork on his zephyr by Neil Melliard.

You must have more photos of Redburn Gary, I find it very hard to believe he only got his tits & belly out, after all, it was a special occassion!
even the adult section of Rods n sods will never be ready for some of the Redburn photos that are out there:shake:

·
Premium Member
4,207 Posts
Gary,i often quote my favorite Redburn "line"of all time from Dacey's wedding when the hotel management noticed that things were starting to get out of hand,and Mr night manager struts into the bar and announces at the top of his voice "Ladies and Gentlemen the bar will be closing at 1am !!,,,,,,,,,,Redburn who at this point is pretty much unconcious hears this anouncment and within micro seconds is up and stood at the bar and the imortal retort -NO PROBLEM ! -23 PINTS OF LAGER MY GOOD MAN !-world fukin class,Bry

·
Premium Member
2,819 Posts
christ what blast from the past, steve, barry and gary (green pop) used to go to reg,s RHC on a reguler basis, i used to see them a lot at diffarent runs, steve has not changed, barry dacy has, is the chap wearing the load shirt scratch? i think i no the chap to his right, freind of matt and malc i think

·
I'm a grown up drunk!
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
christ what blast from the past, steve, barry and gary (green pop) used to go to reg,s RHC on a reguler basis, i used to see them a lot at diffarent runs, steve has not changed, barry dacy has, is the chap wearing the load shirt scratch? i think i no the chap to his right, freind of matt and malc i think
I think Steve's Zephyr was back halved by Reg,
the guy in the loud shirt is disco Dave, married to Sue Saunders,
the guy on his right is Ian, owns the white falcon pick-up in the 1st pic,
when you say Malc, do'ya mean Malcolm the guy that had the pro-street pop that Reg put the chassis in?, if its that Malcolm, he turned up yesterday,
didn't recognise him at first, but then it has been probably 15+ years? since i last saw him.

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
Garry is still one of our gang, he was at the Nats with us last week and he is still a star. Barry was a regular but since his marriage (a top wedding) he has been a rare luxury. He still calls drunk late at night, a trick he learned from Tel.

Congratulations to the Bride and Groom.

Rog.

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
Gary,i often quote my favorite Redburn "line"of all time from Dacey's wedding when the hotel management noticed that things were starting to get out of hand,and Mr night manager struts into the bar and announces at the top of his voice "Ladies and Gentlemen the bar will be closing at 1am !!,,,,,,,,,,Redburn who at this point is pretty much unconcious hears this anouncment and within micro seconds is up and stood at the bar and the imortal retort -NO PROBLEM ! -23 PINTS OF LAGER MY GOOD MAN !-world fukin class,Bry
Bryan was that before or after Larry fell off his stool. What a night!!!!!
Rog.

·
I'm a grown up drunk!
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Garry is still one of our gang, he was at the Nats with us last week and he is still a star. Barry was a regular but since his marriage (a top wedding) he has been a rare luxury. He still calls drunk late at night, a trick he learned from Tel.
Rog.
Gary Gwilliam took advantage of the spare floor space in the hotel room that Pat and i had,
it was a sleeping bag with a yellow pages for a pillow for him:drunk:

·
I'm a grown up drunk!
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bryan was that before or after Larry fell off his stool. What a night!!!!!
Rog.
We was talking about that last night,
how we all saw Larry and the stool going over,
but none of us trying to save him.

·
Premium Member
2,819 Posts
I think Steve's Zephyr was back halved by Reg,
the guy in the loud shirt is disco Dave, married to Sue Saunders,
the guy on his right is Ian, owns the white falcon pick-up in the 1st pic,
when you say Malc, do'ya mean Malcolm the guy that had the pro-street pop that Reg put the chassis in?, if its that Malcolm, he turned up yesterday,
didn't recognise him at first, but then it has been probably 15+ years? since i last saw him.
disco dave no who it is now, should have said chap on the left, and matt and malc farrent from devon, is the guy with the beard gary with the green pop if it is hes changed aswel

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
disco dave no who it is now, should have said chap on the left, and matt and malc farrent from devon, is the guy with the beard gary with the green pop if it is hes changed aswel
Yes thats Gary, one year short hair, one year long hair and beard. He is still so funny, still laughing about something he said at the Nats.
Rog.

·
I'm a grown up drunk!
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The guy on Dave's left is Pat 'the rat' Healy who owns the 37 Chevy gasser 'desert rat',

that is Gary with the beard that had the green pop.

·
Part time window cleaner!
408 Posts
Thanks Brian, you're right it was a night to remember - most people took 3 or 4 days to get over it - heavy, heavy Sh*t.

Steve and Lynns do on Saturday was great also. I'm almost recovered - Eileens not though - poor thing.

·
408 Posts
Thanks for the kind words Rog and Bry, all the best Barry D.

PS - We have a new window cleaner now.........

·
408 Posts
Probably - mind you I was on the 'vinegar stroke' .....

Barry D.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts