Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,382 Posts
Steve still has the car in storage not too far from me, still running and in top condition along with his other cars. He is currently into his Hot Rods.

Russ.

·
Registered
627 Posts

ASTON ON A FULL TUBE CHASSIS, IS IT STILL ABOUT? CAN IT GO ON THE STREET? (THREAD BY REQUEST).
Named three times, three different spellings, all of 'em wrong ha ha!

He ran it in Super Pro for a bit on slicks and open headers but nothing to stop it going back on the street.

He ran as quick as 8.60 in S/E in 2002 IIRC.

·
Delinquent in denial...
584 Posts
Didn't he turn up to Leeds cruise in it once? The one month that year I didn't bloody go!! :sniff: One of my favourite cars too, love it!! :smoke:

Matt

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Steve told me just before christmas that it will be back on the street this year!
So watch out for it at Leeds Cruise.

·
Delinquent in denial...
584 Posts
Steve told me just before christmas that it will be back on the street this year!
So watch out for it at Leeds Cruise.
Thanks for the tip off Dave! :woohoo:

Matt

·
richard rawlplug
8,140 Posts
i heard a rumor al o'connor built the chassis , not that i'm bothered as this is a top car,...think its got a 14/71 kuhl blower on it and an indy max block...? 572 cu ....?

·
Delinquent in denial...
584 Posts
think its got a 14/71 kuhl blower on it and an indy max block...? 572 cu ....?
Yup, was flicking through the CC feature the other day, 14/71 and 572 cubes. :twisted: Can't remember what it said about the chassis though.

Matt

·
Registered
239 Posts
The body & chassis once belonged to Al O'connor, by the sounds of it the chassis was built by Hauser Race Cars and finished by Andy Robinson

·
Registered
72 Posts
Easter? If it`s in July this year then i might just make it! I`ll be some easy first round fodder for all you twin turbo guys though.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Just reading July 2003 CC, Classified Ad reads,
Aston Martin V8 Vantage. Feels quite fast, handy for overtaking
£75,000 truck & trailer also available contact Steve, Yorkshire
did it get sold on??

1 - 20 of 23 Posts