Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1965 chevy pickup step side.
Gonna be low & satin black, real wood bed, opening suicide doors etc.
Few other tricks up my sleeve too!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Game on then Steve ;) sinse I'm building same base model, can't wait to see how these two differ. Already done my first mod and its gonna take time to perfect..........be watchin' ya mate :tup:

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You got good taste, lol
Just checked out your thread thing they're gonna be very different.
Done my first mods too, Front inner wings removed and bulkhead fitted & smoothed.. pics to follow.

Cheers:D

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Couple of mock up pics this is the ride height im aiming for.

Have channelled to body over the chassis, floor pans have also been lowered to provide some room in the cab.
Pic with bed mounted at std height to show just how much lower the cab is already :tup:

Next im gonna mod the front suspension to narrow the track so i can get it right down in the weeds. havent figured that bit out yet though :D

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Found a new way to cut open doors on youtube...... 45 minutes later door removed with nice tight door gap :happy:
One more to go, opened up the grill too.

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bit of progress, proportions now what i wanted, chassis lengthened & started to lengthen the bed too.
This week gonna finish the bed, Fabbing the Door shuts & doors next on the list.
Then planning to scratch build some new suspension as the Revel stuff is crap:shake:

Hopefully got a 409ci on the way, thanks goes out to 57peppershaker for that :tup:

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
First door hinged, hinge made from a heavily reworked paperclip, ran it through box section styrene to keep it all nice an compact.

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks for the positive comments guys.
Been working on the engine and box this week, blown 409 chevy (thanks again goes out to 57peppershaker for the donation :) ) have done the basics stripped all chrome using mr muscle kitchen cleaner, drilled the block for HT leads scratch built a dizzy. Plan to fit HT leads fuel lines and carb linkages this weekend.

Also pretty much finished the bed and chassis extension.

Playing around with ideas for the grill. havrnt made up my mind on this yet so any comments welcomed.

Right off to freeze my bollocks off and work on my slightly bigger project :tup:

·
Registered
140 Posts
:tup: coming along nicely Steve.............best of luck with the frozen bollocks too, did plan to get on with my larger project too, but bugger it - way too cold:shock:

·
fat rotbox rodder
5,805 Posts
some great work :tup:
what `s then engine in the big project,is it a sbc

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Engine done..... sorta, was thinking of adding carb linkages but figure im running outta time :shake:
Still need to tidy up the fuel lines to try and make them a little more uniform + need to weather the headers and add the oil filler tube.
Have gone for the dirty used look rather than show boat.
The grommet the engine is resting on will be one of the airbags for the suspension:tup:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts