Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
101 - 109 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
I see you have the 'clap hands' wipers carried over from the split screen, is it possible you have the wrong motor/gear fitted and the rack is hitting the end of the tube?

·
Premium Member
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
Ian, you probably have the wipers wired wrong. It blows a fuse as after half a sweep it comes off the park circuit and gets the power feed - you probably have the power/earth in the wrong place. Power 12v comes direct from fuseboard. Park is 12v via ignition switched live. Hi/Lo are 12v feeds from wiper switch.
View attachment 634022
Very kind of you to put this up Mark. But on the Minor there is no relay, just live through the switch to the motor. Just 2 terminals on the motor, i will try swapping them over.

·
Premium Member
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
I see you have the 'clap hands' wipers carried over from the split screen, is it possible you have the wrong motor/gear fitted and the rack is hitting the end of the tube?
Anything is possible on this car! However it is a 1961 so maybe it had the clap hands from new. The fuse blows regardless of where the wipers are.

·
Administrator
10,034 Posts
Very kind of you to put this up Mark. But on the Minor there is no relay, just live through the switch to the motor. Just 2 terminals on the motor, i will try swapping them over.
Ian, there is no relay on the motor, just the 5 connections.
How many wires go into your motor?

is this a little clearer?
Slope Font Parallel Rectangle Symmetry

·
Premium Member
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
I swapped the wires on the wiper motor and it all works fine now --- thank you Mark for pointing me in the right direction!

Reactions: blackpopracing

·
Premium Member
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
There's just one rusty panel on the Minor, at the back
Motor vehicle Road surface Asphalt Automotive tire Wood

Automotive tire Wood Gas Tints and shades Bumper

It's just a flat piece of metal with a return on all 4 sides, so I decided I should fab a new one.

Trunk Wood Flooring Floor Asphalt

Got the old rusty one off

Wood Door Wood stain Fixture Hardwood

Here's the new one I made up, simply hammered the returns over a block of wood.
Vehicle Motor vehicle Wood Bumper Automotive exterior

It's galvanised steel, used it because its what I had, I might leave it as it is. Or I could paint it. Not sure about painting over galvanised though.
Either way it was a nice little job to get done today.

101 - 109 of 109 Posts