Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Alphabet Alex has some film of wheels day 1982 or 3 on VHS maybe he could bring that. Also Billing in the 80s with a lot of 'Tuck up squad' antics !!

·
Historian
1,564 Posts
Great been waiting for the 70s USA Pictures Ken. Nicks got DVD ready for film show i think.
yep all Ken57's cine film on DVD now including the USA '77 stuff, talks are underway as we speak between Battersea boys, Mikeyboy and Redmad to finalize a film show date..........

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Sounds like its going to be an all nighter at this rate. I will bring my Cocoa with me.Must not forget got to comfirm it with Dreamcars and Ken Sweeney is Saturday the 20th June ok it fits in with Mikeyboy and Timetravel Nick.

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
That last pic is a classic cruzin' shot!

Brilliant pics Ken, I can't even begin to imagine why any real car freaks wouldn't want to see them!

It's funny but those Rods don't really look dated - I guess they look nostalgic though! :)

More please...

I've also PM'd you re: possible date for the movie show!

Stew

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello Nick. WOW. 100 hours of dvd's. Judgeing bt the other posts. There is a lot more stuff around with what Alex and Milton have. And I'm sure there is more. You've got yourself a full time job. What a great job though.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Good to see you posting more pics Ken :tup:

I've got some VHSc from Super Chevy Sunday at Maple Grove 1986 , if I can find it I'll bring that along too .

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hello Stew. Yeah. That last picture is a classic crusin shot. And it wasn't set up. That is just the way it happened. Oh. happy days.

The pics of rods I have put on here are as you say nostalgic. And they are certainly in a different class to the rods that are doing the shows now. But a 32 or a model A will always be the shape they were built. So they are timeless. Did that make sense?

Ken.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mikeyboy coming home.

Hello Mike. I hear you will be at the movie premiere. It will be good to see you again. Will there be a red carpet and stuff like that?

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My VW (Betsy).

Hello.

Pic 1, 1971. Grey primer and American lights.
Pic 2, 1972. Now white. But I had plans. And me with hair.
Pic 3, 1972. This was the plan. Paint design copied from US drag car "Inch Pincher"
Pic 4, 1999. Yeah. I took VW to California. OK. The one near Graet Yarmouth.
Pic 5, 2006. At home. SOTF banner on wall. Bonnet with Porsche logo was used on the car in 1970.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
The First Picture Show...

Guys,

If everyone is cool with 20th June from around 7 ish onwards, I'll draft something up and get Si to post it as a sticky so we can get a Roll Call going on to get an idea of numbers!

Ken S - I think we all deserve a red carpet so if thats what you want...

Really looking forwards to it!

I'll put it in the blurb but any ideas/thoughts let me know and also for those travelling from afar, I'll get details of local hostels etc so we can all enjoy a drink!

Rog - will you be home for it?

Stew & Milt

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Hello Mike. I hear you will be at the movie premiere. It will be good to see you again. Will there be a red carpet and stuff like that?
I'd expect nothing less than a red carpet Ken,and plenty of cakes and donuts and tea.I know Milt and Stew make the best tea 'cause they inherited that from their lovely mum,and I havent had a decent cup for a LONG time!

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
I'd expect nothing less than a red carpet Ken,and plenty of cakes and donuts and tea.I know Milt and Stew make the best tea 'cause they inherited that from their lovely mum,and I havent had a decent cup for a LONG time!
...the kettle is on!

Nice cuppa PG with a few chilled Sainsburys plain choclate digestives... Heaven! ;)

·
Premium Member
8,067 Posts
1976, the second nasc nats, leicester. Sorry to bore you all but i cannot resist posting my first rod, some good friends in the background.
got any more pics of the 76 liecester nats?? There doesnt seem to ever be many about, i thought the show was a myth!!

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hello. Well it's been 3 days now. And my VW pics are still here. What a great site this is. I will be posting more Street is Neat pics real soon.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts