Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone on here go on any of the holidays to the US with Street Machine ?
I went in 1990 ( I think ) to LA for the Pamona swap meet then two days at the world finals :D First week stayed in a hotel opposite Disney then moved to the Holiday Inn at Santa Monica. Remember going to a diner on cruise night ( Wendys ? ) in a hire car with Russ Smith . A lovely V8 60's Jaguar (sleeper) got chased by the cops when the traffic lights changed to green and came back much slower :p

Andy

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Andy, i went on this trip with my mate Jason (1990) i think there were about 40 plus people on this trip, when we arrived we teamed up with lads from London? one called Les, and then another 4 lads later on, we hired 2 cars (Pontiac Sunbird & Mitsubushi space wagon?) and drove down to vegas for 2 nights and stayed in a place called The Paddle Wheel & took a plane ride to the Grand Canyon. I remember seeing the Jaguar getting chased by the cops

Regards Andy

·
Registered
12 Posts
Did anyone on here go on any of the holidays to the US with Street Machine ?
I went in 1990 ( I think ) to LA for the Pamona swap meet then two days at the world finals :D First week stayed in a hotel opposite Disney then moved to the Holiday Inn at Santa Monica. Remember going to a diner on cruise night ( Wendys ? ) in a hire car with Russ Smith . A lovely V8 60's Jaguar (sleeper) got chased by the cops when the traffic lights changed to green and came back much slower :p

The cruise was at Frisco's Drive-In at Downey. I know because I still have the sweatshirt the owner gave me that night. I also remember the feeling of fear whe we took the wrong exit off the freeway into a very dodgy area of LA and had to find a way out in a hurry. I also still remember the buzz from seeing my first side-by-side four second run at the World Finals. That was still something special back in 1990. And we did find the coach to take us back to the hotel in the end...

Russ

1 - 3 of 3 Posts