Rods 'n' Sods banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Dragging not Bragging
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im sure this has been covered but would i be right in thinking that when the mag was first published it had Henry on the cover and was it on the tv as an advert

Has anybody got it on video or wasnt they around then (abit b4 my time :incheek:) or isit on the WWW anywhere ?????

·
Registered
172 Posts
street machine.

Hey Vince you don't happen to work with Spencer he to has too much time on his hands spending all day on here!lol see you at Krispies:D

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,019 Posts
Yes, it appeared on TV in the advets for the mag, remember it well .Was supposed to have a car I did a lot of work on on in the first issue but my friend managed to get himself otherwise 'detained ' before the photoshoot.:shake:

·
Dragging not Bragging
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Vince you don't happen to work with Spencer he to has too much time on his hands spending all day on here!lol see you at Krispies:D
Hey Pat,

firstly m8 you need to watch your language................ :incheek:

Spencer and work (2 words not normally seen together :lol:)

And HELL NO, they couldnt pay me enough to work with HIM :pmsl:

And will be good to put a face and a car to ya name :giggle:

·
Registered
993 Posts
I remember helping take Henry up to a studio in London for the shoot and then picking it up later. And no congestion charge back then! There was a letter from me and a pic of my 58 Chevy in the first issue too.

·
Nostalgia freak
4,994 Posts
Im sure this has been covered but would i be right in thinking that when the mag was first published it had Henry on the cover and was it on the tv as an advert

Has anybody got it on video or wasnt they around then (abit b4 my time :incheek:) or isit on the WWW anywhere ?????
yep i remember the advert...Street machine the new customising magazine.As you may no the car was also pictured in the mag in May 80 when the mag was a year old(burnout pics with remains of fryed rubber) and also pictured in a poster mag doing a burnout and not forgeting a Custom Car feature

·
Official Drag Addict....
7,446 Posts
isnt it being restored by somebody on here?...:cool:

Sid.

·
I'm a grown up drunk!
2,641 Posts
is there a link anywhere on the web to the TV ad for the first issue of street machine?, would love to see it again,
bet it looks well dated and tacky, still love to see it though.

·
Banjo snapper.
3,507 Posts
bet it looks well dated and tacky...
If I remember rightly Gary, it lasted about 10 seconds, had Henry [which ain't a gasser, it's a high rider] driving through a paper banner with "Street Machine, new custom magazine, Street machine" being sung over it. I know I only saw it once very late one night, doubt they had the money to run it much more than that.

·
Dragging not Bragging
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
is there a link anywhere on the web to the TV ad for the first issue of street machine?, would love to see it again,
bet it looks well dated and tacky, still love to see it though.
That was exactly what i was after Gary :tup:

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
i think you can see a lot more about this in the garage section.old bry is doing the business here,you know who i mean............bigjob
'Old Bry'....I love it ****, you made my Friday night (I know, I should get out more)

Young Rog.

·
I'm a grown up drunk!
2,641 Posts

·
www.53catalina.co.uk
2,454 Posts
my guess is it (he) will be ready for Wheels day.

The odds must be pretty good for that one. I hope Bry has remembered to build a big trophy shelf as I'm sure he will get one or two next year :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts