Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope , deadly serious! Think I know the answer but would like confirmation.

·
Registered
661 Posts
i thought it was missing the ring that the lamp locates in, ie put bulb in to adjuster ring then the ring goes on the clamp it to the adjuster mech but looking at an ebay listing for the same, it looks like it's got 3 tabs to hold the bulb to the front ring....

the 3 self tappers that would conventionally (on an old mini!) hold the outer ring on now have 3 tabs, looks like you can't get bulb out without disturbing adjustment??? progress!!!

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
i thought it was missing the ring that the lamp locates in, ie put bulb in to adjuster ring then the ring goes on the clamp it to the adjuster mech but looking at an ebay listing for the same, it looks like it's got 3 tabs to hold the bulb to the front ring....

the 3 self tappers that would conventionally (on an old mini!) hold the outer ring on now have 3 tabs, looks like you can't get bulb out without disturbing adjustment??? progress!!!
Yup, that's it . Sold as "complete assembly " there's nothing for the bloody light unit to locate to ! :( I just tried to put it together and found that out . Sealed beam with 10mm play and no bloody adjustment . Why well it as a complete assembly when it's not ? Got to find an inner bowl somewhere now. I wonder if this is supposed to have those lips ( no tittering , ooops , sniggering at the back ) as in your picture?

·
Registered
134 Posts
I dont see a problem, the adjusters (will be 2) go where I've circled, the headlight bowl will sort of twist on, the other 3 screws will hold the the sealed unit to the bowl through a inner rim, the only problem I see, is possibly the adjusters are not included :)

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Adjusters are actually there, at 2 points where the outer circle mounts it's the inner bowl that's missing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts