Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right guys - few questions on the above subject

I've seen a few cars running pop front axles converted to a suicide or similar setups- spock's build of rubellion, and shedster's modified spring to mind (I know that shedster's setup is different, with the semi (?) elliptics)

I've had a google around, and I can visualise what I want, and where each component should be - just having trouble with the re-jigging of the actual enfo suspension bits!

what I would like in an ideal world is the stock pop front axle, mounted with the spring either on top of the axle, or behind it, and the stock wishbone split, or some hairpins made up - and the whole lot mounted off a suicide perch from the front chassis rails

I have a spare complete pop front end incase this goes badly tit's up, so that's not a major worry, but I was just wondering if anybody had any good ideas where to start - what to be cutting / bolting / welding??

cheers all - kev

·
Premium Member
1,769 Posts
Not really a suicide front end, but this is what I did. I wanted to keep the axle as stock as possible, so I didn't split the wishbones or use hairpins.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
right - stoprock - what you have there is basically a stock pop setup as far as I can see - that's what I have now

issigone - that's looking more promising, but have you mounted the spring behind the axle there? - it's a bit hard to mke out with my myopic vision and teeny tiny pc screen!

- any more info on what you had to do to make your setup work?

kev

1 - 4 of 4 Posts