Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning everyone hope all is well.

I am currently building a rover v8 for the road and im stuck on what camshaft to go with, I have a 4.0 block, 4.6 pistons, MSD Dizzy and 6al with Boost timing master, 4-71 supercharger with manifold mod and drive done by UK Blowers, Weber 9605S 0088 carb (unsure on the CFM), adjustable timing chain and yella terra roller rockers.

Is there anyone able to assist on a camshaft please as its the only place thats got me stumped.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A little off topic but do you know a chap called alan at oddball motors? I believe i may have met you a couple of years back at the Carnage reunion

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
A little off topic but do you know a chap called alan at oddball motors? I believe i may have met you a couple of years back at the Carnage reunion
i do AJ , :) he was help with tyres and grill n stuff for the car , and is generally an all round nice chap.if totally mental.

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
I had a 4.6 Rover V8 with a 4-71 blower, used mostly standard bits and a stump puller cam, ran a 12.7 and had loads of torque.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Compression ratio is 8.5:1

And indeed a very nice chap!
8.5:1 a standard cam or 216 / 218 would be fine, as the engine does not need rev so high to achieve its power big cams that compromise road use are not needed, what you will need is good cooling! especially if you're making good boost.

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
You used to be able to buy a blower cam for the rv8 from real steel,
You want one ground on 114* lobe centres,and more duration on the exhaust. The standard cam works well,
A race cam has too much overlap,it will work,as the blower tends to iron things out !
I’ve got a roller cam in my blown Rover,and it sounds awesome with the headers open

1 - 10 of 10 Posts