Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all has anyone on here built there own blown engines mainly ford as that's what I want to do. I'm getting a 302 engine the weekend and looking at rebuilding it myself but want to supercharge it want to go roots charger though for the low end torque. Been looking on sites but some seem to scare you more than anything how easy is it to do I've got over a year to finish building it as not stripping car down till then so thought will give me time for buying parts and so on. Will have all forged parts as want it to last don't want to be rebuilding it again in afew years lol. Was looking on this site so just wondering is it as scary as reading this lol. Engine Building Mistakes - Mustang & Fords Magazine - View All Page any advice from people that have done it there selfs will be grate. And will be looking at stroking it aswell to either a 331 or 347 so get better torque also with charger. As this is where my idea has come from so thinking if stroked it and more boost as be stronger internals should get more power than that shouldn't i. http://www.holley.com/data/types/pictures/174SBF_ZOOM.jpg

Thanks phil

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all yer looked at getting one them books will order over weekend and thanks dek he just pmd me lol and cheers moth won't do then.

·
Premium Member
1,774 Posts
We run a supercharged zetec in a 100E. I know its not a small block but the theory is the same. Now we've upped the boost we're having trouble with head bolts/studs stretching, We're running 12 psi.

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have you got new strengthened bolts to take the pressure mate. Bet it's quick for a little car ent it.

·
Premium Member
1,774 Posts
Its best is low 14.s at 100 mph. Very quick little motor. We've just got strengthened studs and a decompression plate today with 2 head gaskets. A busy weekend ahead, next outing for it is dragstalgia.

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its best is low 14.s at 100 mph. Very quick little motor. We've just got strengthened studs and a decompression plate today with 2 head gaskets. A busy weekend ahead, next outing for it is dragstalgia.
O nice one mate. Will be going there myself will have to look out for you then. Me n the girlfriend going nostalgia nationals in few weeks as well.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Ive got a lot of experience building blown motors from smallblock street motors to top methanol and top fuel both euro and nhra
If i can help with any advice please pm me

·
Registered
681 Posts
its worth getting a book by alan allard turbo and supercharging it will tell yo all you need to know.

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Been thinks what parky said to me about him having nos to keep the smaller charged cool because can't fit a 6/71 under bonnet as I'm not bothered if sticks out or not would a 6/71 be more reliable and give out the same power as a smaller one on same boost or does it need more boost as it's a bigger one to get spinning and do I need to buy 2 carbs for a 6/71 to only 1 for the smaller blower.

Cheers

1 - 14 of 14 Posts