Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Hi Kev,

I assume you mean the mechanical system, like the K-jetronic etc.

They are pretty finely balanced, and I suspect that the unit will have to be vertical, as you may find that it does not sit properly at the idle position, and that there may be more friction affecting the movement.

You will have no doubt gone through the same thought process as me and I think that the only way to find out would be to lay a unit on it's side and see if the paddle changes position.

Not a lot of help really, but I thought someone should have a go at answering the question. :D

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did go through that thought process and actually tried it this morning :tup:

It's Bosch system on a Pinto EFI .

There is a spring that appears to hold it shut so my plan is to fire it up in the correct position and then shift to the alternative and see if there is any difference as failing anyone else having tried it it'll be the only way for me to find out .

It's just that it gains me valuable space if it will work .

·
Registered
355 Posts
I think that system will be a lot more forgiving, as I do not think that gravity plays a part in it's operation.

The K-jetronic system, had counter weights in it, and was slow to respond, and difficult to adapt to anything other than a standard setup.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I did go through that thought process and actually tried it this morning :tup:

It's Bosch system on a Pinto EFI .

There is a spring that appears to hold it shut so my plan is to fire it up in the correct position and then shift to the alternative and see if there is any difference as failing anyone else having tried it it'll be the only way for me to find out .

It's just that it gains me valuable space if it will work .
It makes no difference to the operation which way they're mounted.
Fit vertically if fits better that way, it will work fine.

Did that on one of the installs I've done.

Nick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.