Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my brothers been trying to find out more about his t bucket reg no HAA 27K,
we found out a few bits and pieces from previous sites and postings but still got bits of history missing,
apparently it was fetured in a book,i would guess in the mid seventies??
anyone know the name of the book or have a copy they want to be relieved of?
anyone know who originally built the car or if the builder is still with us?
its wearing very weathered white paint with flames but it looks to have been gold metalflake at some point.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,067 Posts
Over to you Nick:tup:
HONESTLY KEN, DO YOU HAVE NO FAITH IN ME??:sniff:

THOUGHT I KNEW THE PLATE, IT WAS A SOUTHERN ROADSTERS CAR OWNED BY JOHN JEWELL, ALL THE PICS BELOW ARE FROM THEIR RUN TO BIEULIEU, WHICH ARE THE ONLY PICS I CAN FIND, 1ST 2 ARE FROM 73 & ARE FROM BOB LUXFORDS EXCELLENT SITE, 3RD PIC IS 74, & THE LAST 2 ARE FROM 75, ALL THESE PICS ARE FROM THE BOB ROTHWELL COLLECTION, HOPE THIS HELPS.....:tup:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,067 Posts
Sorry Mark thought you might still be hungover from the weekend:incheek:
NO BUT I HAVE PAINS ALL OVER HAVE BEEN TRYING TO FIT A NEW CAT TO THE CAR FOR 2 DAYS!!!, HAVE YOU EVER TRIED DRILLING OUT WELDED JOINING EXHAUST BOLTS UPSIDE DOWN!!, SNAPPED ABOUT 30 DRILLS SO FAR, BUT IM GETTING THERE NOW, GOOD JOB IVE GOT THE WEEK OFF....:smoke:

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,099 Posts
John was from Southampton way. Still with us last I heard and was gathering parts to build another after a long lay off from rodding. He was a Southern Roadsters member at the same time as me.
It was at most of indoor shows in the late 70's and 80's normally with his good friend Neil Houghton.

Actually I have another mate by the name of Jewell from over that way . I've never asked him if he'd related...doh!

·
Historian
1,564 Posts
HONESTLY KEN, DO YOU HAVE NO FAITH IN ME??:sniff:

THOUGHT I KNEW THE PLATE, IT WAS A SOUTHERN ROADSTERS CAR OWNED BY JOHN JEWELL, ALL THE PICS BELOW ARE FROM THEIR RUN TO BIEULIEU, WHICH ARE THE ONLY PICS I CAN FIND, 1ST 2 ARE FROM 73 & ARE FROM BOB LUXFORDS EXCELLENT SITE, 3RD PIC IS 74, & THE LAST 2 ARE FROM 75, ALL THESE PICS ARE FROM THE BOB ROTHWELL COLLECTION, HOPE THIS HELPS.....:tup:
Here it is with a later paint job http://www.timetraveldvds.co.uk/gallery/BLACKBUSHE APRIL '77/target19.html
those first 2 pics Mark are '72 taken by Brian Lucas which was the first Beaulieu Run. The book it's in is Wild Cars by Mike Hill and pops up on ebay now and again. It's also in a CC pictorial from '72 called Wild Wheels

·
Premium Member
8,067 Posts
Here it is with a later paint job http://www.timetraveldvds.co.uk/gallery/BLACKBUSHE APRIL '77/target19.html
those first 2 pics Mark are '72 taken by Brian Lucas which was the first Beaulieu Run. The book it's in is Wild Cars by Mike Hill and pops up on ebay now and again. It's also in a CC pictorial from '72 called Wild Wheels
WELL DONE NICK, BUT WHERE ARE YOU MR A GASSER!!, WE HAVE ALL THESE LOVELY PICS & INFO FOR YOU TO SEE!

IVE GOT THAT WILD WHEELS BOOK SOMEWHERE, HAVE TO TRY & FIND IT WHEN I GET A MIN.

NICK, FINALLY GOT THE CAT ON TODAY & AM MOBILE AGAIN, POSTED THE MAGZ TODAY, CHEERS ALL.....:tup:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
excellent help dudes,
jeez it sure has alot of history!!!,if only the ol' girl could talk.
i'm trying to persuade l'il brother to restore it,but he's a teacher!!!('nough said!)
hes on about satin blackin' it but i reckon he should repaint it gold, what you all think?
the pre-crossflow that the car was bought with now sits in a MK1 'tina and in its place is a 2.8 v6 and auto box,it sure is more fun with the v6,fair play to those T's with blown v8's in 'em!!!
heres the most recent pic of it,taken a few weekends ago on route to haynes motor museum/bristol hotrods gathering.
we'll hopefully be at hotrod drags with it,maybe even give it a run or two,and are definatly at BIBIC,(blue ridge runners show)bridgwater,M5 j23 this weekend,
sorry i havnt replied earlier but workshops flat out,what recession!!!!???
thank you all again for your help in putting more of the cars past together,much appreciated:D

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts