Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
I'm a grown up drunk!
2,646 Posts
Happened to drive past the old T.C. site today,
ply hoarding all around with some builders ripping the guts out of the old chipshop,
last i heard from Terry was the chipshop was going to be pulled out piece by piece very carefully then rebuilt again in some kind of museum i think.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
ply hoarding all around with some builders ripping the guts out of the old chipshop,
last i heard from Terry was the chipshop was going to be pulled out piece by piece very carefully then rebuilt again in some kind of museum i think.
That's what I heard too.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Hi Dave,
Since Chris sent you mine, I won't bother. Sorry mate, haven't got Terry's. As far as I know all the guts of the chippy DID go to a Museum and I think the rest is being developed!! Big shame, a Real piece of History!! GONE!!

·
Registered
748 Posts
Could i be wrong in thinking that this firm used to be based in Acton near the A40

Used to be a firm there who useed to build rods

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I moved to the Isle of Skye in '96. My son Paul moved to Lincolnshire about 5yrs ago. Terry carried on until a couple of yrs ago, then had to move. I think he has a small place in Hayes or that area. All still involved in the scene!! You don't get rid of us that easily!!

Charlie!!

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Afternoon David! Yes, That certainly is Mr. Eames.
Don't know if you've heard, but, as soon as we sell the house we are moving down to the lincs area beside Paul. Getting really bored wth no hotrods here. It is also getting very expensive to get to the runs. The nearest one WAS a 500mile round trip, but, that no longer exists, so, it's back to civilisation. Anyway I'm running out of good looking sheep.
LUV
US up here.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Charley. With the price of fuel 500 miles is a bit too far for sure. We are emigrating out to Malta soon as we sell 1 of the houses,we are taking the Charger out there with us, fingers crossed before the end of the year. Hi Chris, i havent been on Manky Munkey for way too long, will get on there real soon.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
For those of a weak disposition look away now!!!!!!!

Had to go up to Kensal Green this morning to collect some bits. Decided to go up that way and took my camera as well. And this is what I found :eek:

And the cafe's now an estate agents!!

·
Rekindled Dream
2,064 Posts
Have u still got ur old pc? if so export the contacts list in the emails to a memory stick then import them into ur current email setup.

Gud luck ... Jon
Can Charley & Terry's email me?, i got a new computor and have lost all my email addresses. Cheers.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts