Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
DSCF1995.jpg DSCF1996.jpg DSCF1997.jpg DSCF1998.jpg Hi i have a t5 world class gearbox for sale it has a ford bolt pattern out of a 94 camaro torque is rated at 305 lb it has a long tail shaft and the selector is mounted at the back of the tailshaft, inputshaft has 26 splines, i do have a clutch and flywheel that can go with £350ono

Sorry forgot to say that it selects fine with no whines

·
Premium Member
14,526 Posts
so is it ford or chevy? you say ford pattern but then its out of a 94 camaro (chevy)?????

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi it is out of a chevy but from 93 to 95 camaros came with ford bolt patern for the bell housing not the saginaw design

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
a 3.4 v6 chevy one, if you want to bolt it on to a chevy v8 you can buy a 4.3 bellhousing from a blazer the only cars it doent fit is 3rd and 4th gen f bodies because the gearbox is tilted at a 45 degree angle, i hope this helps

·
Registered
681 Posts
you can fit the box to a std chevy bellhousing and the box is right upright, yo need to make a wedge plate for under the transmission mount.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Hi it will fit chevy bellhousings it just depends on which one 93-95 60 degree v6 and 92-95 90 degree v6 (4.3 vortec) the 4.3 has a v8 bolt pattern, as for the angle i got it wrong it is 17 degrees but i would guess that you would have to make up a wedge or modify your cross member but i do have the original cross member for the gearbox if that helps anyone

oh and yes it would be upright using a 4.3 bell housing

·
Registered
213 Posts
Anybody in the know like to say whether this will bolt up behind a 292?, or suggest what mix of parts i would need, currently running a 4 speed manual, anybody?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi it should do but you would have to use the v6 firction plate, what vehicle is it going in to as there are a few different gear shifter locations

1 - 14 of 14 Posts