Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Ohh yes, listen to that beauty, mid 11's in '64, superb :cool: Love it

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nope they wont :tdown: that goes for all the factory drag cars that were made in the 60's..

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
At the Spa 6 hour race a couple of years ago a German team turned up with a road racing T-Bolt. There was much pi55 taking among the cloth cap brigade until after practice, they only put it on pole! The Spa race attracts the cream of multi-million dollar historic race cars including GT40s, Astons, E types, Mustangs and the like. To cut a long story short the T-Bolt won the race, it made my night!
Unfortunately there was no happy ending, the T-Bolt was disqualified and even I have to say it was not quite how Ford made them.
The T-Bolt is still raced in historics around Europe, I saw it at the Nurburgring this year.
Rog.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
At the Spa 6 hour race a couple of years ago a German team turned up with a road racing T-Bolt. There was much pi55 taking among the cloth cap brigade until after practice, they only put it on pole! The Spa race attracts the cream of multi-million dollar historic race cars including GT40s, Astons, E types, Mustangs and the like. To cut a long story short the T-Bolt won the race, it made my night!
Unfortunately there was no happy ending, the T-Bolt was disqualified and even I have to say it was not quite how Ford made them.
The T-Bolt is still raced in historics around Europe, I saw it at the Nurburgring this year.
Rog.
A tbolt going round corners, bet its strange to watch! still, winning the race, thats good stuff!!:smoke:

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great vid, thanks for posting, Part of a great era when car makers understood concepts like ''fun'' and ''performance''.:tup:
'A time when the number of cubic inches matter'd, not the number of cup holders' !!!

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Heres one for the mopar guys..The quickest production car ever made? These things would go 10's straight from the showroom

·
Registered
12,501 Posts
Fantastic - keep 'em comming:tup:

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
How about a ride around La Sarthe in imho one of the prettiest looking cars ever designed ... Eric Broadley for President :happy:

·
Premium Member
4,207 Posts
Ron the best looking car period-show me the one thats better ?,Bry

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
It was hard to tell but it looked like white with green stripes, originally owned and entered by Sid Taylor the second MkIII GT (SL73/102) the SL in the chassis number just means it was a Slough built car.

I have got to agree with you Bryan a T70 MkIIIB is a thing of beauty. Relax with a nice glass of wine and look through this.........
http://www.imca-slotracing.com/Lola T70 Mk3B.htm

Thanks for the post, Ron.

Rog.

·
Premium Member
4,207 Posts
Thats me sorted tonight Rog,thankya very much !

1 - 20 of 28 Posts