Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 532 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not done a build thread for a long time.mostly because I havnt had any builds in that warrented their own thread.

have a couple of biggies to do soon so will post them up in the garage section.

what I do get is plenty of randomness,so this is about them and the problems faced when building one offs,and how ive bodged them back together.
this is low budget stuff,so don't expect show quality though I will try and post good clear pics.

ill try and backdate a little bit if I get time but have these two to play with at the moment

first of a 35 chevy.its in for sorting the rear end out.its been in previously to have the steering done.
on the first occation the steering wheel was sloppy as hell.

turns out the pivot points rack end bits, in the rack needed either changing or re pre loading but it was never done.so in the end the over compensationg or vibration while steering took out all the ujs and even the column ended up with play in it.

the rear end.owner said rear was hard.exhaust ran through between the chassis and spring but was acually wedged between them so there was no suspension travel

then this turned up with a bed full off parts.everything had been started but nothing had been finished.id list what needs doing but it would take the page up.
nice looking truck

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Nice , I do enjoy your project posts , but even low budget is good enough to keep us happy .

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
Love that F100 ,that is spot on ,stance is perfect the wheels are not for everybody as I found out when I fitted a simular set to mine but I love them, the engine bay is very slick and the finish is just stunning, if I would change one thing its the ally chequer plate floor but thats just me......GOOD JOB........that is a stunning truck you have built.
P.S. is that a seat out of a jag that you used as I was looking at changing mine and some of the jag stuff in leather looked a pretty good fit for the F100
KEV

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
The old shop has scrubbed up well Wayne, great to see what's going on odd rods:smoke:

·
Registered
385 Posts
Love that F100 ,that is spot on ,stance is perfect the wheels are not for everybody as I found out when I fitted a simular set to mine but I love them, the engine bay is very slick and the finish is just stunning, if I would change one thing its the ally chequer plate floor but thats just me......GOOD JOB........that is a stunning truck you have built.
P.S. is that a seat out of a jag that you used as I was looking at changing mine and some of the jag stuff in leather looked a pretty good fit for the F100
KEV
I don't think that's chequer plate, look's like sound proofing/insulation to me. :tup:

·
Premium Member
7,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Kev.the floor of the truck is sound proofing. Was due to be trimmed but the owner cant stop using it.
Its on stock jag front and single coilovered jag rear.sits just on the scrubline of the wheels though i built it so it could be raised a bit if need be.

Seats a jag rear and has all the belts fitted. Ill find the pics for you so you can see how i mounted it all.

Some of my pics are coming out not so good.we revamped the garage over chrimbo and its actually too bright for some shots.

·
Feckin fibreglass!!
465 Posts
I think your builds are very inspiring Wayne. You seem to make all your builds look easy but they are simple and un- fussy. Very hard to do and get an end result like that F100. I would like to see the small jobs as well as the larger builds, i think we can all learn from this type of thread.:tup:

1 - 20 of 532 Posts