Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who remembers meeting down at the jolly sailor, tamworth on a sunday night plus all the cruises,disco,s and shows,meeting up with the kidderminster club,charnwood cruisers plus others, happy days.

·
gas hog
261 Posts
i dont remember those ones mick but do remember going to the mile oak pub meet in tamworth a few years ago, before they knocked the pub down, used to be a good meet did you go there ?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Who remembers meeting down at the jolly sailor, tamworth on a sunday night plus all the cruises,disco,s and shows,meeting up with the kidderminster club,charnwood cruisers plus others, happy days.
I'm old now.
Therefore I do remember this run to the Jolly Sailor. What a great time we all had.
Fancy dress nights were a highlight. Do you remember Geoff Moore (Vangof) coming as a ford pop:!: He had a grill and lights, which worked:!::!: attached to himself in some way that I can't really say how. I think Neil Meredith ( or could have been Paul Manning, its an age thing now) went as Frankinstein, with really tall platforms on and a bolt through his neck. I had some strange outfit on at one time. My boots had a flamed paint job and welded on initials of our club. MW on the right steel cap and SM on the -- yes you guessed it, on the left toe cap.
That is for Mid West Street Machines
Click on the pictures below. You might recognise some of these cars.
Who were you Brummie Mick:?:

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi acker
i had forgotton about van goff dressing up as a ford pop until you mentioned it, what a great night.
I used to have a brown morris 1000 van slots, side pipe, truck mirrors,we laugh now but at the time i thought i was the cats whiskers at the time.
Was you there one saturday night when we all ended up in wolverhampton doing burnouts, when it was turn of a triumph herald a couple of people lifted the back end to give it some assistance, when the tyres suddenly gripped the car was in reverse almost running one bloke over. Trouble is with youths of today is they are irresponsible.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts