Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and a couple of others (Paul Haywood in his A roadster and Kelvin Dunn in his custom poncho) were invited to display our motors at the Tattoofreeze convention in Telford at the weekend. This was billed as being a slightly more family friendly tattoo convention hence the inclusion of cars, bikes, graffiti artists, bmx/skateboard demos and a roller derby.
The vehicle hall did look a bit sparce as a) it was the first year so they just wanted to test the waters and b) there were a couple of no shows.
As it was our cars proved very popular, especially Kelvins, with loads of people asking questions and having photo's taken both around and in the cars.
The organisers are keen to have us back next year and in greater numbers so me and Paul have volunteered to be a point of contact in order to fill the hall for them. One to watch out for :tup:
Anyway just a few pics, sorry didn't get any of the amazing Tattoos, roller derby (never figured the rules out but fun to watch) or bmx/skaters. :cry:

Our cars after a quick clean.

Some of the other vehicles.

Some of Phil Piper's bikes.

This lovely young lady from Texas wanted to buy Kelvins Pontiac!

It would have been rude not to ask her to pose with the truck. Hello new screensaver! :D

Finally, part of the graffiti wall. Talented guys.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That was only a small section of the wall!
Like I said, talented.
The bmx/skaters were pulling some amazing tricks too considering the half pipe was fairly small.

·
Legs and heels subscriber
755 Posts
What a superb base for a very informal indoor show (which is seriously lacking in UK when the weather is shite and at the time of year).
Its the perfect spring board to promote our hobby and i guess will appeal to majority of the crowd who would go to a tattoo convention.

ie - many maybe bikers who drive a brand x citroen (when bikes away for the winter) good catchment imho...

many love rods but dont think they could have a car like that !! or dont know where to find...
what about this as a venue for the first RnS unofficial get together or is it too late in the year, we just love the open air y'all :) ?? just a thought :) no pressure Si

wheres Telford by the way, I was shite at geography but all i know is im presently 5891 miles away as the crow flies in Sakhalin Island......

·
Registered
778 Posts
...wheres Telford by the way, I was shite at geography but all i know is im presently 5891 miles away as the crow flies in Sakhalin Island......
Its just northwest of Wolverhampton on the M54 chap .

I'd be up for this next year if you guy's are organising things , should have something interesting on the road by then :tup:

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PS: the burd should have got her kit aff !!!! wtf - kate bush fan ?? poor girl:beuj:
There were a couple of girls being body painted that had very little on to protect their modesty. :tup: No pics though :tdown:

Hopefully they will give Paul a bit more notice next year and we can put together a nice cross section of the vehicles we are all into.

·
Registered
777 Posts
have to say it was a looooong day but the punters were such nice people and totally repectful to the cars, no spotty kids climbing on the running boards or parents trying to put toddlers in the car for photos. The cars had an amazing amount of attention and we had a continual stream of people having photos taken with all the cars...ranging from blokes with 4lb of scrap metal in their faces to hot chicks wearing more tattos than clothes...incl one who's husband asked very politly (after walking slowly past the ray gun stand 1/2 a dozen times) if his wife could have her pic taken in the car..in she got and promptly whipped off her top!!!!!!
The level of tattooing was top end to say the least inc 2 guys tattooing basically with a pointy stick and the Skate/BMX show reminded me why I don't skate anymore....popping air even from a mini ramp, in to board slides on the hand rail on the back ot the standing platform with a foot plant to launch yourself back in to the pipe really is dangerous!!!
Chatting to the organiser "Shelly" (ask Gav about her!!LOL) and her side kick "Bubbly Dawn" (bubblier than a bubbly thing full of bubbles!!) She had been let down badly with cars pulling out in the last week and some people just not showing up. It was a huge pity that I had not had a call earlier as I'm sure we could have filled the hall, I only had a call from Keith Harman a week or so before the show and even Shelly had told me there was space for only 3 cars.. we supplied 2 of them as Keith had already sorted Kelvin!.
I have been told the show will be a 2 dayer next year and I hope to get the call to fill the hall a bit sooner...if nowt else it proved the public have a massive interest in our cars and really want to see them!
Oh and just ask Gavin about Phil and Grant Mitchell!!!....

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Ahhh. Phil and Grant. :tup: She must get back problems :D
I actually bumped into her and her fella outside the hotel entrance as I was loading up to leave.
He had some ink work done on the day and also had the afore mentioned scrap in his face.
Really cool couple and they both absolutely loved the truck. He owns a Dodge Ram srt10! but said he would swap in a heartbeat. He was quite surprised when I told him he probably paid a fair bit more for his truck than I did for mine.
He would have to get used to travelling a whole lot slower too!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts