Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm looking for a runabout and have found a few interesting rides on here but not sorted yet.
I recently sold my "sensible" car, now looking for something to enjoy.

Wish-list :
tax exempt (essential), so late 60's early 70's
a practical estate car would be ideal but open to suggestions
mot'd or able to be mot'd with a few weeks work. maybe a mot failure or unfinished project?
needing some welding / mechanical work is fine but not a total rebuild, would prefer something that starts and drives.
engine size 1200 - 2.5L ?
something that won't need £1000's spent on new / rare parts.
looks are not too important, solid and shabby is good so I can see what needs doing.
Standard, rod, custom all ok.
must be legal with number plates etc, and hopefully new-style logbook.
around Newcastle / Tyneside preferred but can collect up to 150 miles away for the right car.

Have been to look at Minx, Volvo, Triumph estates, anything similar would be good.

... or does anyone got a scruffy "spare" car that I could put back on the road?

many thanks :tup:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi how about a 1964 vauxhall viktor estate with 2.0 ford pinto 5 speed been featured in street machine looks as good now not been used for a while sat in dry storage can post pics if intrested
Hi, sounds interesting.
Where at, how much, and what would it need for the next MOT?
pics would be good :D PM sent with email address.

sqweaka - had already looked at the ad. Nice motor but I'm hoping to find an estate car. ps - I think I still owe you for the tip-off about local gas suppliers :beuj:

thanks folks :tup:

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've got a 1960 mk11 Zephyr Farnham (estate), run's a rover 3500 with autobox and volvo rear axle. It's taxed and tested till july next year. It is solid underneath and drives well, the bodywork needs some attention. doesn't fit all your criteria but most. It is advertised on this site somewhere. I'm looking for around £3000.00 for it and will take a sensible offer. Let me know if your interested. Cheers...Paul...

·
Registered
486 Posts
car

how about a 1954 oldsmobile holiday ninety eight with a fully rebuilt engine and box, all bits to do, solid car and complete in newcastle??? i have got a lot more than asking price in it and a good chunk of thats engine and box! £5000. its worth a lot more with some free labour put in it!

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
vauxhall

Hi, I'm looking for a runabout and have found a few interesting rides on here but not sorted yet.
I recently sold my "sensible" car, now looking for something to enjoy.

Wish-list :
tax exempt (essential), so late 60's early 70's
a practical estate car would be ideal but open to suggestions
mot'd or able to be mot'd with a few weeks work. maybe a mot failure or unfinished project?
needing some welding / mechanical work is fine but not a total rebuild, would prefer something that starts and drives.
engine size 1200 - 2.5L ?
something that won't need £1000's spent on new / rare parts.
looks are not too important, solid and shabby is good so I can see what needs doing.
Standard, rod, custom all ok.
must be legal with number plates etc, and hopefully new-style logbook.
around Newcastle / Tyneside preferred but can collect up to 150 miles away for the right car.

Have been to look at Minx, Volvo, Triumph estates, anything similar would be good.

... or does anyone got a scruffy "spare" car that I could put back on the road?

many thanks :tup:
got my 1964 vauxhall victor estate back from dry storage after 3 years off the road still look good will get it runnin and mot it if intrested let me know i will post some pics:):)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Now sorted

Thanks for the offers, but no longer needed.

I managed to find a rolling restoration last month (Triumph 2000 estate ).
It had a few niggles to start with but now seems to be working ok, so I'll be keeping it and tidying bits when I can.

Good luck with the sales :tup:

thanks everyone :bigsmile:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts