Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just sat down tonight to try & work out my tax return & its doing my head in!!!
i was only s/e for 8months due to the mate:wanker: who said he had a 4yr contract lying through his teeth & only having 4mths work & i've only just got the money he owed me for work done,now!
which looks like it might only pay the bill!! argh!!
any body got any tips on doing this online & saving a £ or so ;)

pm me ideas :tup:

·
MarkT
1,117 Posts
Done mine online last thursday and payed the bill yesterday it took me about an hour n half to do , last year it took me 3 n a half hours......the way things have gone this year theyll be giving me money next year :tup:
No tips just keep at it ....

·
Registered
778 Posts
Yup , just keep plugging away , its the only way .

I did mine for the first time a few days ago , took some advice from an accountant friend to make sure I had my figures right first though . Putting in your details of PAYE work should be pretty straightforward if you have your P45/P60 to hand , plus a P11D if you were classed as a temporary sited worker (You can claim back a fair bit off your bill if you were) .

Best advice I can give is take your time , the online thing is fairly easy to fill in so long as you have the figures and you can save and come back to it anytime , theres no need to do it all in one sitting .

Good luck :tup:

·
Registered
585 Posts
i feel for you all of you doing at mo:sniff:..i did it for 12 years and hated it .man my wife and kids got it in the ear big time . there was always somthing i needed in the garage(work) and off i was at midnight to get ..i only done paper returns ..doing it was bad anuff but waiting to see if i cocked it up was worst...3 year ago got a accountant todo the lot payes, and returns, the tax credits, the lot for all off us....he saved me money and time in the 1st year .

just stick at it ..you are incontrol and it was a good feeling when its done :D

·
Registered
645 Posts
i just give a bag full of invoices and all recites i have and she does the lot i just go sign the form and wait for the bill which i payed last week

·
Fruit & Nut Case
2,100 Posts
i just give a bag full of invoices and all recites i have and she does the lot i just go sign the form and wait for the bill which i payed last week
Same here but i also total up these and give my guy the figures, with my bank & building society statements and he does it all. He charges me £100 which is tax deductable the next year plus he probably saves me more than the fee by claiming all sorts of stuff

·
MarkT
1,117 Posts
Ive been self employed near on 30 years crickey sounds alot dont it , still ive done the opposite i always had an accountant untill a couple of years ago i just couldnt justify the 600-800 quid a year accountants bill so now i feel my couple of days of maths a year is worth the saving .......The 1st year i did it myself i was suicidal for about a fortnight with all the number crunching...:pmsl:
i feel for you all of you doing at mo:sniff:..i did it for 12 years and hated it .man my wife and kids got it in the ear big time . there was always somthing i needed in the garage(work) and off i was at midnight to get ..i only done paper returns ..doing it was bad anuff but waiting to see if i cocked it up was worst...3 year ago got a accountant todo the lot payes, and returns, the tax credits, the lot for all off us....he saved me money and time in the 1st year .

just stick at it ..you are incontrol and it was a good feeling when its done :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts