Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Grown up? Never!
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd let you have a look in my garage:shake:
I got Tetanus in 1996

It had a 3lt essex and auto fitted I ran it for 2 years as mine and Liz's only car ( mostly fenderless and always roofless) until the gear box let go on Christmas eve at 11pm in the snow, so we got an xflowed anglia as a daily.
A few years on and at the super nats, playing at the lights I managed to snap the prop and take a lump out of the gearbox. So spent 2 weeks throwing in a 2lt pinto and 5 speed.
I then fitted the anglia dash,

Then made a big mistake and fitted the anglia screen

Not a good move so replaced it with a trio of 27 T posts to make a split screen, better but no cigar,

I then drove the arse of it for a good few years,

Until I had to go V8, so pulled the pinto and fitted into a mk1 cortina with Davey so no going back, then I've spent the last few years moving house and doing them up, but now I hope to finally get on with finishing the rebuild!!

As Tetanus sits today..

Wish me luck!

Chaley

·
Grown up? Never!
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've done something!!

Well Tetanus now has lights, and starts on the key, hell it even moves under its own power!! It doesn't stop yet, but hey I'm getting on:incheek:

Chaley

·
Grown up? Never!
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got a bit of a pedal up today and went for a quick spin round the block which was nice:D

Chaley

·
Grown up? Never!
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Due to unforeseen circumstances there will not be any progress reports for a while:tdown:

Chaley

·
Grown up? Never!
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, we now have new larger fuel lines, the wiring is also clamped down, the dash lights work, there's a hand brake of sorts. Just a floor and 1000s of other jobs to do:tup:

Chaley

·
Grown up? Never!
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry I've been a bit rubbish at up dating this thread:shake:
So here's the skinny,
After much messing about Tetanus is now legal and has an MOT:D, Chuffed to buggery is a good word for it:happy:
It's just a shame that the motor went bang after only 20 or so miles on the street:sniff:
So at the moment it looks like this;

Still gives me something to do, when I'm not building the office, fitting out the kitchen and landscaping the garden:shock:

Chaley

·
Grown up? Never!
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
All Change

It's all change again in the Tetanus household, we are moving yet again, only 5 miles, but loads to do in the new place. So there is officially no money for toys and there is not going to be for quite awhile, so it is with heavy heart and great sadness that something had to give

And that had to be the 8, so with a few favors called in, a couple of bits swapped and some smoke and mirrors, there is now a slightly warmed over 2lt pinto and 5 speed going back in the hole.

I had the day off so sorted the prop and fitted the gearbox mount.

I've got to get it driving for the move well that's the plan, ( I'm going to need it to get to work when I come of my bike again ) oh and to not spend any money, at all

Chaley

·
Grown up? Never!
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wonder of wonders I've been working in the garage:)
The header in done, the cans on the end. The rad and fan cowl is on. The front panels are back in place. Things are looking up, a finish date could be on the cards;) Sometime this decade!!
Link to pics( phones playing up :()

Twitpic - Share photos on Twitter

Twitpic - Share photos on Twitter

Chaley

·
Grown up? Never!
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How long is a piece of string?
Club night, humm think of me, I'm at work until 9 :(
See you soon.

Chaley

·
Grown up? Never!
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Epic journey mate. Really well done completing it.

In all seriousness, an awesome "frankenstein" moment...... "it's alive... IT's ALIVE!"
As you say a truly epic trip, sat nav ago go! :)
I'll admit to a quick blast around the block as well, but shhh!

Chaley

·
Grown up? Never!
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Bare with me,
Well, as today dawned there was a heavy sence of dread and expectanse in the air. For with the new day brought a challenge, a challenge so large that I'd been puting it of for quite some time.
The day of the MOT had arrived, :-0
Anyway, get in! Tetanus now has an MOT and rent in the window!
It has done more miles today in the pissing rain than in the whole of the last 5 years.
To say I'm happy wouldn't begin to cover it. I'm wet, but happy.
I'm just waiting for bits to fall off, or blow up now!
:) :) :)

Chaley

1 - 20 of 125 Posts