Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Cadillac fanatic
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you have young drivers in your family, this is worthwhile showing to them...

Think for life

There is a " NEW " public information film that has been released entitled " Cow ", it follows the life of a 17 year old girl through her daily tasks and shows the result of texting whilst driving.

You can see the whole film on " Youtube "

This is an " 18 " rated film, so you might need to sign in before watching it

·
Cadillac fanatic
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What is interesting about this film and the study made by the associated bodies is this...

Most teenagers can infact text without even having to veiw the phone....

But, it is a proven fact that when they need to send the finished text, the problem of finding the correct person in the address book is where the lack of Concentration is found, and in this case it is where the accident was caused.

Think.... Dont do it

·
Registered
152 Posts
the bit with the lifeless baby almost made me cry! having a son has turned me into a big worry guts.

·
Registered
822 Posts
good idea

its a good idea, i have a 19 and 20 year old,ill will make sure they watch it, i drive a artic for a living and see this every day. john.

·
Desparado
7,337 Posts
Wow, very hard hitting & to the point, but I do think its needed.
Its not just teenagers, you see loads of people on the phone.
Think they should have made it 6 month ban & £1000 fine if your caught the first time. Maybe then people would listen.

Not quite the same as Jimmy Saville & clunk click !

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
Last year in Florida there was a bill introduced banning phone use and texting while driving. It didn't pass and so it's still LEGAL to do both. So the worst drivers in the western hemisphere have another weapon to their armoury.
Rog.

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,052 Posts
I think they shouldlshow learner drivers more of the results of not having a reset button. Too many kids think because they have high score on Gran Turisimo that make sthem a good driver.

I saw a woman in the petrol station the other day with stuffed toys all over the dash and stashed in the back. I very clos eto saying to her that it wasn't her nice comfortable bedroom home but a lethal fucking weapon if you don't treat it with respect !

·
Mr Cadillac :-)
1,717 Posts
scary stuff! especially as my 17 year old daughter is currently learning to drive, she passed her theory today

·
Woodchipper Extraordinair
2,305 Posts
i personally think all phones should be placed in the boot before any journey no matter how short, i believe that even the handsfree devices can be a distraction which although is prbably less likely to cause an accident it is still a distraction!!!

i am guilty of texting whilst behind the wheel came close to having an accident once it made me think so twice so the texts and phone calls now wait until i reach my destination. :tup:

·
complete knob..apperantly
617 Posts
i work in a car breakers ........... see plenty of rta cars, the ones with baby seats often make me think ..........:shake:

·
Registered
200 Posts
And this one, not so good quality, but it affects me every time I see it:

·
is currently reloading.
844 Posts
What I want to know is "did he get the text?"
lol, was wondering who would chip in with that !!

voice activated phone does away with the problem completely, no need to physically touch the phone or look away anymore.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts