Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We know it all didn't go to plan
BUT
we also know that you all gave a lot of time and effort to stage one of the best shows of the year
and it's all for charity.
Some of the complaints are valid, some less so. At a new venue, it was bound to be a learning experience.
BUT
thousands of people ( I don't think I'm exaggerating ) had a fabulous day out and are grateful for all the work you put in.

THANKS AGAIN
Graham
American Auto Mags

·
Full Bloody Rebel!
3,426 Posts
BUT
we also know that you all gave a lot of time and effort to stage one of the best shows of the year
Some of the complaints are valid, some less so. At a new venue, it was bound to be a learning experience.
BUT
thousands of people ( I don't think I'm exaggerating ) had a fabulous day out and are grateful for all the work you put in.

THANKS AGAIN
Graham
American Auto Mags
Totally agree Graham!! Well done SSR!

·
Registered
76 Posts
100% agree, really looking forward to next year, well done the SSR.
BUT
BUT

THANKS AGAIN
Graham
American Auto Mags

·
Registered
662 Posts
Thank you SSR for another great wheels day!

whenever there is a change, there's teething troubles. Hopefully after a well earned R&R these can be ironed out!

the show season would be a much poorer place without wheels day!

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
From me too. I really admire the reasons this show is put on, I appreciate it is organised by so very few, for so many. Very selfless indeed. I look forward to the Wheels day every year, and long may it continue. Please have the strength of resolve to see past the angry keyboard elitist warriors, and keep doing what you do!Thank you, once again.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Thank you.

And we hope you are able to look at all the comments in a disconnected way, and then to use it all to come back with an even better show next year.

I am sure the guys/girls/families who did not quite get it the way they would have liked to, would still love to attend.

My wife and I do not do Bromley as it is not to our liking, but also know it is often different strokes for different folks.

Good luck with next year, which I am sure you are already planning.

·
Milner for PM!
2,303 Posts
I would like to thank the 15 SSRs who organised the show and put a lot of effort into making it happen. No thanks, though, to the idiots who directed any old crap into the show and spouted crap about entry passes.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Thank you SSR,if you need help next year just ask about 6 months before the event.I'm sure that you"ll be surprised by the amount of like minded peeps that will stand up to be counted.

·
Official Drag Addict....
7,446 Posts
I assume they were volunteers and should also be thanked you dickhead.
Id like to add my thanks to ALL involved..

Had a great day out.

Sid.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I have to agree, Such a good day out, I took a friend, who was blown away with the diversity of cars, and the venue, I think the complainers and dissenters should get of their arse and offer to help, not put down a group of very hard working individuals who do a splendid Job,
SSR my Compliments on another top day out

·
I'm Not Jed Clampett
2,725 Posts
I'd like to thank the SSR people too -the organisation of this show would be a mamouth task for any organisation, let alone a small rod club. Overall it was a great day out, and well done to the volunteers who made it happen.

IMO as regards the 'this that or the other vehicle shouldn't be on the showfield' issue raised on another thread, anyone who doesn't like any particular car, be it a Fiat 500 or an A7, is always free to walk past and ignore it.

·
formerly litig8r
720 Posts
Yes well done SSR, this is one of my top three shows in the UK, and for a fiver it's a bargain. As for the complainers, i have learned to ignore cars I don't like, at at WD there are enough of everything to go round.

The fact it is for many the first show of the season, and quite late this year, and a nice day, and a new venue, all conspired to make it super-busy. But I live in Lincoln and I was there by 9am. This has never been a show you can stroll into at 11 am.

I, for one, wll see you next year, and yes, if you need help for a couple of hours, you just need to ask in advance :)

·
Registered
729 Posts
Thank you SSR,if you need help next year just ask about 6 months before the event.I'm sure that you"ll be surprised by the amount of like minded peeps that will stand up to be counted.
Totally agree,sure there are a lot of people who would give up at least an hour or two first thing to help with getting people in & parked if SSR were to ask for volunteers.. yes there were issues but credit where credit is due to everyone involved in making it happen,it just wouldn`t be the same without Wheels Day to kick off the show season :tup:

·
The Camino Kid
1,173 Posts
I too would like to offer my thanks to all involved in the organisation of probably the most faithfully attended show on the UK callender. Yes there are problems to overcome and I sincerly hope that any confusion can be remedied. I do believe that Dunsfold is the right place for Wheels Day and I shall be going next year regardless of where it is. I've only missed one year since about '86 and it's become a tradition for my and my mate to go. To the SSR I salute you. Rog.

·
Milner for PM!
2,303 Posts
Yes well done SSR, this is one of my top three shows in the UK, and for a fiver it's a bargain. As for the complainers, i have learned to ignore cars I don't like, at at WD there are enough of everything to go round.
That would be fair enough if they were just filling empty spaces, but they were taking the spaces of cars that were actually worth looking at.

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Funny, some of the comments here." If you don't like a car, just walk by it". As stated above, the organisers shouldn't let them in in the first place! The answer to that seems to be "well if you can do better, volunteer yourself"!!!! WTF?!!!! If my doctor fucks someone up, he doesn't then say "well you should go to medical school and sort yourself out!"
Surely as a charity/show organiser, you employ a percentage of experienced paid help to make things run smoothly? That way you don't get half of yesterday's 18000 attendees not paying to get in!!!! I have run events that haven't had any hiccups, it's not impossible, although you can't do anything about the queuing traffic outside the venue EXCEPT finding a venue straight off a 3 lane motorway virtually into a showfield, and YES, those venues do exist....

·
Super Moderator
7,399 Posts
I thoroughly enjoyed Wheels Day although I missed most of the cars....... :incheek:

I hope SSR resolve their problems with the site owners and we are back next year with a smoother running event with the teething bugs sorted out.

A BIG Thank you from me.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.