Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i just wanted to say thanx to all the Wheelers for a great weekend, great setting too, i heard they have secured it for the next 3 years and im sure it will grow into the biggest show on the south coast as it once was, the only thing for me was that they could have had more toilets and showers but after talking to a couple of members they told me Beaulieu didnt no what to expect so im sure the next one will be better on that front...

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Couldnt go but hope to next year, but would it be possible for it to be open earlier on the Friday and possibly be able to leave on the Monday, then it can be a nice long weekend...

·
Banned
489 Posts
Absolutely, The organisation was superb, signage to the event was the best I've ever seen, Well done Victory Wheelers.

Not through trying by the Wheelers But the support from the Hotrod/Streetrod owners was very very poor, If it hadn't been for the non criteria vehicles it would of looked very quiet all weekend although a lot turned up on the sunday 8-(

·
Registered
83 Posts
We had a great weekend! :D
Worth the 260 mile round trip.
I should have a million photos to post up once my fella has finished playing with them.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Couldnt go but hope to next year, but would it be possible for it to be open earlier on the Friday and possibly be able to leave on the Monday, then it can be a nice long weekend...
well we got there about 3pm and waited in the car park, there must have been about 20-30 cars about and one of the Wheelers came up to see then went to the organisers and they let us in at 4.15 not realising the amount waiting, as far as leaving i heard u had to be off site before 8pm but maybe next year it could be abit different if better attended....

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Absolutely, The organisation was superb, signage to the event was the best I've ever seen, Well done Victory Wheelers.

Not through trying by the Wheelers But the support from the Hotrod/Streetrod owners was very very poor, If it hadn't been for the non criteria vehicles it would of looked very quiet all weekend although a lot turned up on the sunday 8-(
a lot of the trad hotrodders were at the rockabilly rave

·
Banned
489 Posts
I wasn't including them as they don't normally attend anyway, I meant the people you normally see at Billing etc etc, most of them were at the 1 day show last year and all said how great it was and wanted a weekend event there but didn't attend ???

T

·
Registered
610 Posts
WE weren't Steve! I noticed a few other "Ravers" there as well.

The Beach Boys tribute band weren't particularly my scene, but they were a stunning recreation - shut your eyes and it could have been the real thing. Loved the Mexican band on Sunday too. Great cruise to Sammy Miller's Motorcycle Museum - over 100 cars.

Big thanks to the committee members and helpers and judging by the queues on Sunday a roaring sucess. Well done.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Excellent weekend, had a great time, nice to see fellow rodders enjoying themselfs, Nice and hot during the day, But Bloody cold around 4 in the morning, getting far to old to be sleeping in a tent these days, must invest in a caravan next time :D

Well done Victory Wheelers :tup:

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
WE weren't Steve! I noticed a few other "Ravers" there as well.

The Beach Boys tribute band weren't particularly my scene, but they were a stunning recreation - shut your eyes and it could have been the real thing. Loved the Mexican band on Sunday too. Great cruise to Sammy Miller's Motorcycle Museum - over 100 cars.

Big thanks to the committee members and helpers and judging by the queues on Sunday a roaring sucess. Well done.
glad it all went well mick, up to a few weeks ago we hadnt decided which
we were doing,but everyone else seemed to be doing the rave so we
followed the heard so to speak, and i still aint recovered yet , iam getting
to old for all this going to bed at 6am lark,
see you at the trailer park at the hayride
steve

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
We have just got back from the sarf coast ( must get a faster car ! ) and would like to thank the Wheelers for a great weekend , but a big thank-you to Rob(48 Ford) , Jim Turnbull and Ashley Power Bearings of Parkstone Poole for helping me get the broken u/j back together on our DeSoto - Cheers lads . We made it the 200 miles home with no vibration .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts