Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I daresay I may be the first one home, parked, showered and fed but on behalf or Mark, Martyn, Steve and yours truly, can I thank everyone for their good humour, despite the weather, we wish we really could book it in advance.

I think it is important to recognise that the track crew did everything in their power to give us a safe track to run.

Thank you everone we spoke to for your positive comments. Remember, this is a 'Rod Run' that takes place at a drag strip and I guess the rod run atmosphere seemed to still be thre by the bucket load.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding.

A special thank you must also go to the huge crowd on the stands prior to the cacklefest. I have never known the raceway so silent when a meeting was in place. RIP KC.

·
Premium Member
4,207 Posts
Welldone Al, and the team another brilliant weekend thanks mate, the two minutes silence was truly moving ,bry

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
Al .......you're thanking us! Thank you Al, Martin, Steve and Mark not to mention the superb Avon Park (I live in the past) track crew and a special thanks to the Bar Staff for putting on the best event of the year. From all of our gang.

Rog.

·
richard rawlplug
8,140 Posts
nice one al,the weather did'nt put a damper on it for me,it was nice to be around friends..

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Top weekend , looked to me as though the numbers were way up ?

Had a fab weekend , cackle fest was top ! Andy Fadster returning after the fest down the fire up road was mental , loved it !!!!! :rule: :rule:

Two old Tri Chevy members won something, Ray Turner crowned Gasser circus camp and Carl Jackson winning a dirty dozen prize

And some bloke called Bob Holland , whom I'd not seen for 25 years (ish) Bob you haven't changed a bit :tup:

We saw about four actual races but had a great one , thanks all concerned , cheers Al :tup:

·
Premium Member
5,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just finnished having piss and inside the toilet this guy comes up to me and says hi,:shock:
1st Thought was :S............but it turned out to be you
Great weekend Al,...:tup:

Bob..............
Hey Bob, I hope you didn't think your luck had changed. :incheek:

Good to see you.

·
Premium Member
2,141 Posts
Great weekend, thanks to all those who worked hard to make it so.
Nice to meet old friends, good to make new ones.
First time I've seen the cacklefest, talk about lifting everyones spirits after a damp day!

Looking forward to the Nostalgias.

Bob.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Despite we only got to run once in 3 days, That run made it all worthwhile, Ben got to race his childhood hero Al O'Conner,
Al drilled him to the tree but Ben ran Faster & just lost out! That was worth all the waiting!(anybody got a pic?)
We had a GREAT weekend, it was good to have time to meet & chat to so many people & the evenings entertainment & company was the best!
So thanks to everyone involved in the Hot Rod Drags! you did us proud!

·
Wild Willie Fadster
1,719 Posts
Top weekend , Had a fab weekend , cackle fest was top ! Andy Fadster returning after the fest down the fire up road was mental , loved it !!!!! :rule: :rule:

:
Thanks Steve, it was a blast and as someone else said it was a cheery end to a damp day.

I had a fantastic weekend, great to meet up with some hot rod buddies who I only seem to see at this event, makes it worth the trip in itself.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
first HRD's in a long time for me, from sat 7 pm till 2pm sun, had a blast plenty of shandys with the Bristol and Swansea boyos, cacklefest, LOVED IT, well done Al and all involved............next year in the Dodge ALL WEEKEND................

watched Mr Fadster..........BARKING....

good to catch up with Bry............

Rod

·
Banned
4,274 Posts
Sunday only for us but had a great time meeting friends old and new, racing was first class with the high seeing Andy in twister worth the gate price for that alone !
and what was in the HA van ????? shit of a shovel springs to mind.

·
richard rawlplug
8,140 Posts

·
Banjo snapper.
3,507 Posts
Only managed to go on Sunday but had a great time. Met up with a few old mates, collected some free stuff for the car too, thanks Mel & Mark, & got to hear one of my top three quotes of all time. I asked someone how they managed to end up with a face that looked like that of a weak rapist, the reply? "Well, we made this canon & we were in the back of a pick up shooting stuff, I think I used too much petrol & it kicked back & smashed me in the face".

I won't say who said it as it wouldn't be fair on Bry.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts