Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Who promised you tomorrow
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm sure we've all been there, that time when a project finally becomes reality.

I've just finished completing the dry build on a small bike project I have. Only taken 6 months on and off, it's nothing fancy and just for shits and giggles. However still I'm getting that excited feeling you get when a project is actually going to be on the road. I've got parts off being worked on and in the following weeks it'll look like a bike again. Deadlines mid May so the bikes road ready and shaken down for the Nostalgia Drags.

Happy days, anyone else on that final straight to a build ready for summer?

Dan:smoke:

·
Premium Member
6,696 Posts
I'm there Dan, car having exhaust next week, then when I get it home theres a little bit of wiring & a propshaft to measure up & have made, hopefully on the road for May Bank Holiday weekend. I remember the first time I drove my 23T to The NSRA Billing Fun Run, 185 mile maiden voyage round trip, the first time I realised you CAN get sunburnt legs in a car!
Happy days indeed!

Gary.

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,348 Posts
I've been on the home straight for far too many years:(!! Got one I had inspected and regd just 1 month before SVA came into being and I STILL haven't finished it.

Looking forward to the season though.

Is your old T still around Gary ?

·
Who promised you tomorrow
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
This project has been a blast and I know the bike will be some great fun. I've got 2 road trips planned, one overseas plus some various car/tattoo/pinstriping conventions I really want to get to.

I've got a complete running spares bike so no worries there. Can't wait :tup:

Funny thing is it's the little things that count. Just had my rims back with my chosen tyre fitted and they look really nice, over the moon with them, well chuffed. They're now sitting in my bedroom out of harms way and so I can look at them have have nice dreams:pmsl:. Nearly as bad as that picture of that guy hugging a blower in bed:D

Still cost me a fortune and been a pain like any project but hey ho, the worst is over, roll on sumer!!

·
Registered
529 Posts
I've been on the home straight for far too many years:(!! Got one I had inspected and regd just 1 month before SVA came into being and I STILL haven't finished it.

Looking forward to the season though.

Is your old T still around Gary ?
Kev, My ex wife and I bought the T from Gary around the mid '90s I think. We used it for a couple of seasons then sold it to finance a '32 roadster.
It went to a guy from the Walthamstow area who also bought the yellow track T with vane type mags like the Dukes Charger. The odd thing is that he was wheelchair bound after getting a broken back in a work related accident & intended to keep the cars in the garage & just sit in them, according to his brother who I dealt with. Never seen either car since but would love to see the car again. Surely someone knows where they are hiding ?

·
Registered
529 Posts
Sorry to disappoint you Kev but when we owned it I was living in Luton- which was just before Cornwall- which was just prior to Petersfield !
Apologies to the OP for side tracking this thread.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Just started the sanding and filling, sanding and filling stage. Truck has to be ready for painting mid May then assembled for shake down runs before the Hayride.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts